Page 34 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 34

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Cool, my worms should be here today. I guess the post office decided to hurry up after all.

Also, I tried on my old jeans today, which were tight before. LOL. They are clown pants now. They barely even stay up on their own. If I started walking in them they would slip right down to my knees. I also tried on an old shirt that used to be too tight to wear (both across the chest - I always had to pin it so it wouldn't gape - and around the upper arms - always felt like they were going to split). It fits great now. It's even a little baggy. I'm excited I get to wear it again because it's paisley <3 and it's brown and green <3<3. So basically it's awesome.

I tried on my old pants because I am worried about what I am going to wear to work in that garden. I don't really have any crappy work clothes. I was hoping I could wear the old pants, but LOL. Noap. So I guess I'm going to have to wear my new skinny jeans, which actually fit like a glove now. I love those jeans. They are olive (so are the old ones) and they're really comfortable.

By the way, this is the place I volunteered to volunteer at, for anyone interested. Turns out it's the largest contiguous urban farm in the nation, and they train refugees from other countries about sustainable farming practices so they can take the knowledge back to their homelands. Wicked sick, yo.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Mmmmm, those pizza lumps. I had my last one today. I think I'll make them again in the future, the next time I have a pizza craving. ....I don't think I actually said what I was doing, I just mentioned I was eating them.

So, yeah, I've been making pizza lumps: you fry ~5 strips of bacon, then take the bacon out and sautee diced bell peppers in the grease along with some garlic powder. When those are done, turn the heat to low and layer over that: pepperoni, the aforementioned bacon, and shredded cheese (I've been using the local grassfed garlic-&-onion cheese I got). Then put a lid on the pan. Once the cheese melts, you shovel it onto a plate with a spatula, dump some pizza sauce on top, and swoop down on that delicious shit like a hawk from hell. I've been eating it with Virgil's stevia-sweetened root beer for the full pizza experience.

[Edit to add: That root beer is actually a little too sweet for my tastes now, but it's novel to drink soda since it's been a pretty long time since I drank anything but water. And, you know.. Pizza and root beer just go together. That's a scientific fact. I just wish there was a root beer commercially available that could give me what I want: painful, tear-jerking, tongue-searing spiciness with very little sweet. If only!]

But yeah, those pizza lumps. Mmm. I do kind of miss the crunch of a perfect deep-dish crust. But it's seriously not bad.
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 06-20-2012 at 12:56 PM.

My worms arrived <333

I said I was going to count them, but 1000 is really a lot. I got to 60 and was like "...Ok, cool" and dumped them in the compost bin.

I hope they don't try to escape! (apparently that is common for new worms in a new home)

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Pizza lumps sound awesome. I think I may need to make some soon.

Also, why the hell do I keep going into the FA thread?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Pizza lumps sound awesome. I think I may need to make some soon.
    You should totally do it! A++++ Would Eat Again!

Also, why the hell do I keep going into the FA thread?
    Ohmygod STOP, DON'T DO IT, STOP LOOKING AT IT.

Thankfully I was able to read it through once and then never return.

Augh, so my chest is peeling, but.. It's not flaking off, it's blistered up into a million tiny clear pustules. It feels like lizard skin and it's cool.

Also, it has come to my (conscious) attention that I am still not free from mental illness now, because I still have a compulsive picking problem. I mean, obviously I have known all this time that I still have a compulsive picking problem, but I've always just filed it under "stuff I do" and not "mental illness". Because up until now I have had "real" mental illnesses. Like, 8-cylinder mental illnesses. But, you know. It still is one. And I just thought about that a minute ago and was like "Huh.... Yeah, I guess that's true."

I read that keratosis pillaris usually goes away when you're 30. I hope that's true, because maybe then I'll stop gouging the fuck out of my arms. The sad part is that it (the skin condition) got a lot better right when I started primal, but then it came back again. And the big, deep ones are just so hard to resist...

Maybe I should just go look at zit-popping videos on Youtube every time I have the urge. I wonder if that would help.

Ohhh. That cute boy with the Star Trek novels from the flea market just texted me. Sadly, he texts using shorthand. Laaaame.

Texting is probably the worst medium ever for getting to know someone, btw. It's like right up there with talking through a tin can. Or maybe morse code. Smoke signals.

HI WUTZ UP I'M DOIN GUD SO WHAT U BIN UP TO?? KEWL I JUST TOOK A NAP LOL

Ughhhhh

At least he's cute and has Star Trek novels.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    That would possibly be a dealbreaker for me. Thankfully my partner texts in complete sentences.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Wut do u mean txt can't b zexy??? RAWR.

Yeah, that would kill the romance for me.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh hey, turns out he's a professional chef, though. That's gotta be worth some points?

Page 34 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast