Page 33 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 33

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For sure. You would think that a simple concept like "a publicly-reviled, demonized, oppressed group deciding to take their human dignity back" wouldn't make people so bile-licious.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

These pizza-lumps are seriously delicious, you guys. Though I will admit that the absence of crust makes it seem a little less substantial. The mouth-feel is different without it, and although it's probably around the same calorie count, slice-to-lump, it is like 50% less food volume. Feels less emotionally satiating, but then again I am used to stuffing my face full of pizza, so yeah.

Still at 221 today, and I'm carrying some water bloat in my breasts and belly. I didn't really drink enough water yesterday. I'm pooping again, though, so that's nice.

I'm definitely noticing more muscle in my body lately, though I have technically lost lean mass since I started. Since my first BF% measurement in February (at 240lbs), I have lost 7lbs of lean and 12lbs of fat. That doesn't seem like a great ratio at all..

It's weird. My thighs have not decreased in inches basically at all, but I can feel more muscle in them and the fat is squishier and seems thinner. Yet, my upper arms have decreased like 3" from the very beginning, but they don't look smaller at all to me.

Bodies are wack, yall. I just hope that I look ok when I get down nearer to the goal. I'm half expecting to still have giant flabby ape arms even when I get there. And I'm wondering more and more if 160 is even going to be attainable for me. I still have over 160lbs lean mass right now! Then again, if I keep losing ~7lbs lean for every 20lbs lost, I will hit 20% body fat at ~168 with ~140lbs lean, which sounds just about right to me. So I guess I shouldn't worry about losing lean because it's working itself out just right. I don't want to end up ripped like a bodybuilder anyway, so there's no reason to try and cut with no muscle loss. I'm getting enough protein and I'm not starving. I do weight-bearing exercises. I am pretty sure I'm not going to end up a flabby super-weakling (like most CW dieters) no matter what happens. Also, lean weight includes water weight. Less body volume = less water that can be carried around. So I'm sure that has something to do with the lean loss too.

tl;dr: I freak out about stuff and then decide it's probably fine. Just like most of my posts.

Oh and also, I figured out what was making me so exhausted in the afternoon. It was from taking the magnesium! I guess that's a known thing that it does. So I'm taking it at night with my melatonin now. That's working out much better.

Shit, they just postponed my worm delivery by a day, and it's going to be 90+ the next several days.... My worms are all going to die in the mail.

Ew, damnit. I've had a jar of expeller-pressed coconut oil waiting for me when I finished my last jar. Opened this one today. It is NOT expeller-pressed. It smells/tastes like regular coconut oil. Ughhh.

Also, it has sediment at the bottom. The last jar I had with sediment eventually turned greenish-brown. Ewww.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    You want the refined, cold expeller pressed (Spectrum makes a decent one that doesn't involve chemicals). Pretty much all coconut oil is pressed with an expeller.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    ERRR, sorry about the worms. Maybe you could add them to the coconut oil?

Here's some irony for you. I have adrenal fatigue. I will be taking a supplement recommended by my ED therapist. Not the one I sent you, but funny none the less.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    You want the refined, cold expeller pressed (Spectrum makes a decent one that doesn't involve chemicals). Pretty much all coconut oil is pressed with an expeller.
    That's the kind I got! Spectrum, expeller pressed, organic virgin coconut oil, unrefined. I am bummed! I can't stand that taste.

[Edit] Oh wait, I want the REFINED, not the unrefined. I getcha. Still, lame! This shit's expensive.. Hopefully I can pawn it off on my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    ERRR, sorry about the worms. Maybe you could add them to the coconut oil?
    Couldn't make it any worse!

Here's some irony for you. I have adrenal fatigue. I will be taking a supplement recommended by my ED therapist. Not the one I sent you, but funny none the less.
    Oh no! I guess you should have taken those adrenal caps after all! Argh, and I already ate them all myself! Laaame.

It's good that you got a diagnosis, though. I hope the new supplement helps!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    And I hope they were helpful. Right now I am taking "Gaia Adrenal Support" until my therapist gets her order in. I seem to have more energy and emotional stamina. It is not a glandular supplement like "Natural Adrenal"

Oh yeah, I suspect it is full of adaptogen herbs. Good, I'm glad it's helping!

I think the adrenal cortex pills definitely helped me! Thanks again for mailing them to me.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    220 today, belly and breasts (and butt, lol) are still squishy as shit. Chest looks like it wants to peel, but it hasn't actually started yet.

In other news, my dad is not sending me any money this month. So I'm basically fucked. I have $50 for the rest of the month, and that's down to my absolute last dime. This is really not a comfortable place to be in. I took myself down to broke when I bought that bed, and have not had a chance to rebuild my "pad". Not fun.. And especially with Pride AND the city-wide garage sale at the end of this month, I am pissed because I am not going to be able to buy anything.

Being poor sucks.

Page 33 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast