Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 3

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Lol, I don't think my body's very happy right now. I've been eating chili the past several days (lots of tomatoes and some brown sugar) and tacked on like 2lbs. Then last night I went out for shepherd's pie (it had a VERY floury gravy and some really crappy mashed potatoes -- I didn't eat much of it) and ice cream (had a peanut butter milkshake -- so good! I regret nothing!). Ended up with a pretty bad tummy ache and sipped water the rest of the night. Woke up today and I'm back up to 243. So that sucks, but whatever. I knew there would be consequences.

Got my olive leaf extract in the mail last night, so I'll be starting an anti-candida program soon. Which means super low carb for a couple weeks. Gotta use up some turnips first though. I think I'll make a GOOD shepherd's pie tonight (not like that crap I had at the diner).

I go to pick up my new 30lb box of meat on Saturday, and I'm getting a lot of roasts this month. Gonna be eating pretty much all meat and eggs with small amounts of vegetables and some cream-based sauces. I can't waaaiiit.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Dear Gravyboat,
    Have you seen Bee's Egg Drink? It is from a anti-candida regimen. If you search on the forum it will pop up. I was surprised at how much I like it, since my first thought was, 'you do WHAT?. Raw egg and hot water?' Worth checking out.

Thanks, I'll look it up! You're right, though, it sounds gross.

Woke up early today feeling really good! I love how that's becoming normal for me. If you'd said to me even two months ago that I would be waking up around 6am with tons of energy, I would have laughed in your face. In fact, after my sleep study follow-up appointment, I remember saying to my dad in no uncertain terms that I would never be the sort of person who goes to bed at 10pm and wakes up at 7. But, um... here we are.

So anyway, I woke up feeling really energetic. My friend was online (he hadn't slept yet) and so I asked if he wanted to go get coffee with me. So.. we met up at like 7:30am and ended up walking 5 damn miles! I was so not expecting to walk 5 miles today, but it happened and I don't regret it. I might tomorrow, though.

In other news, I have totally not been eating enough. Like one meal a day and a lot of fasting in between restaurant dinners. That maaay be partly why I am gaining/not losing weight. Need to get back to 2-3 squares a day. Need to make sure I am getting enough calories. I've had some pretty disordered eating habits in the past, and one of the "skills" I came away with was the ability to ignore even strong, gnawing hunger. Been doing that sorta often lately, mostly when I just don't feel like getting up and making something. Not good.

I need to remember that putting shitty non-primal restaurant food in my mouth and then not eating for 18+ hours means my body is getting absolute crap-tier nutrition. I need to eat crappy restaurant food AND healthy food. Fasting is good, but only when I'm otherwise eating well. In fact, I can probably consider non-primal restaurant meals a fast for all the nutrition I get out of them.

Holy shit, I feel like I got hit by a bus. That walk yesterday tore me up. My calves are so tight my heels don't want to go all the way down when I walk. Strange sensation. The most frustrating part, though: today I'm actually a pound heavier at 244! Blahhhh. I was at 240 for like two days! What is this shit! My measurements are also the exact same as they've been for a while now: 37" waist, 44" navel, 51" hips, 19" calf.

Damnit. This better be some kind of systemic inflammation that's going to go away.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Exercise water weight. No worries. Keep holding onto the fabulousness of increased energy.

Thanks for the encouragement. Today I feel physically run down, but I had plans to go out with my best friend. So we got cambodian curry for lunch and went to the farmer's market. I bought two full grocery bags of vegetables for $10, and local eggs and cheese. Then we went to the butcher. I got 32lbs of meat for the month. Now we're out at the local indie coffee shop (I absolutely love it here, and have been a patron for nearly 15 years. Everyone in here is always super friendly!) and there is a string quartet playing live while I'm typing this. <3

Life is so nice today! I feel so calm and happy.

Oh my gosh. Got my LHT in for the day carrying all that meat up to the 4th floor. Phew! Didn't have an asthma attack though, even taking 2 trips to carry other groceries up first, and not resting in between! So yay. That's improvement!

But daaaamn am I retaining some water. My whole body is squishy as hell. My breasts in particular are 100% squish. My ankles actually don't look that bad, especially for having been walking around so much (I used to have perma-swollen ankles when I ate grain, and being on my feet made it 10x worse), but my torso is noticeably bloated. The scale says 247.

SQUISH SQUISH SQUISH.

Gonna try and guzzle water tonight to fix this. Kind of too bad I don't have a partner right now though because all this squish is soooo soft. <3
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 03-03-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hurray for no asthma! I used to get environmental asthma every winter. The last 2 Primal winters...nothing.

PrimalCon New York
    Yeah, I've had exercise-induced asthma since I was a small child. Like, since before I can remember. It's especially bad in cold weather (like yesterday -- I was carrying everything up the steep outside stairs). So the fact that I was breathing hard in the cold and DIDN'T get any serious, lasting lung pain is a pretty positive change.

Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast