Page 26 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 26

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    222 today, but that doesn't surprise me since I feel bloated and my period finally showed up (kinda, it's still really light).

Ugh, I just wanna sleep for days.
    Stupid period, makes me sleepy and bloaty too. There are women on here who say they have no more puffiness or anything now that they eat primal, but that magic has just not happened in my world.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Hmm... I moved my scale from one room to another and got back on it and it said 219-220. Oh scales, who can understand you!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Yeah ok. So I put my scale in the other room (on carpet), got on it today and it said 213. I was suspicious so I moved it off the carpet and it said 227... Neither of those seems right to me. I currently look and feel non-bloated and my measurements are down again (35.25" / 47.75").

Previously I was weighing in my living room on thin carpet. If I move the scale back there it says 224.

Soooo. I guess i'm just going to go with 227 as my current weight, and keep the scale off any carpet from now on for accuracy. Kinda sucks because I was just getting used to the idea that I've lost 40lbs.

Carpets aren't good for scales because the squishiness makes them inaccurate. But really, it's mostly just an approximation since most bathroom scales are not all that accurately calibrated. I keep mine in the bathroom linen closet and try to use it in the same spot on the floor every time. I figure that way at least the relative changes will be reflected fairly accurately.

Doesn't matter all that much anyhow whether it's 224 or 227--you can see the change clearly in your photos, and you are looking awesome and much stronger than in your before pic.

Also, I think this is kind of cool:

Product Review: The Zero Scale :: stumptuous.com
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

The Zero scale sounds like it would be really nice for a lot of people. My actual weight doesn't make me anxious, but the inexplicable fluctuations that don't seem backed up by the other data are what frustrates me. It doesn't make me actually anxious or unhappy, I just go "What the hell?? Bah."

I mean, nothing is going to stop me from eating this way, and I only get the urge to binge on crap very infrequently. Like the other day at the beach, the ice cream stands were open, and I felt like devouring a ton of ice cream. It used to be my #1 crap-tier comfort food, so it tempts me more than anything else does. (I deal with this by allowing myself to have it, but only if I'm with someone else and we go to one of the nice local ice cream parlors and get local ice cream made with local grassfed whole milk. Then I get a tummyache, but I don't even care.)

Anyway, aside from the occasional desperate ice cream wishes, I'm not being siren-song'ed off the path. So the weight will keep coming off. That's not the problem. I just want to try and understand the patterns and what = more weight loss and what = less weight loss or gain. When it doesn't make sense to me, or I'm gaining or stalling when I should be losing, that's when I get cranky.

Also, more weight lost = more bragging rights, so that part is nice too. And, I'm coming down toward my lowest-ever adult weight, so that part is exciting too, and any small stumbles and backtracking are making my eyebrows twitch because I'm impatient! Whine whine whine!

I'll get to where I should be eventually, but I WANT IT RIGHT NOW!!!JK!J!KG!ADJKGS!!!! You know?

96 degrees is not alright. Do you hear me, global warming? Put the breaks on that shit right now.

God damnit, I've been thinking more and more about my exes, and how a lot of them "weren't so bad". Like, to the point of wanting to contact them and see if they're single. This can mean only one thing: I'm lonely and need to go date.

Bah!

I have a feeling I'm going to end up with another dude, unless by some miracle I can meet a girl at Pride next month.

I'd currently give my life for some carrot cake salad. Thank god the grocery store near me doesn't carry any full fat plain yogurt or I'd be there right now buying it. And pineapple, and carrots, and raisins, and walnuts..

Fuckfuckfuck

224 today. Menstrual bloat is less but I'm still on the rag (or should I say, the sponge) a little bit.

Bummed out because my stock bones went bad in the fridge. I have the worst habit of letting things thaw for 1-2 days more than they need to, then they go bad before I use them. I think I need to turn my fridge coldness up to compensate. Now I'm making regular old stew with water since I couldn't make bone broth. Hope it's not too disappointing.

How do you like the sponges? I use reusable cotton flannel pads, and I quite like them, but they're not good for the gym, so I use organic tampons to work out. How do sponges compare?

You could add some more flavouring agents to perk up the stew--stuff like mushrooms, onions/celery/carrots, a bit of wine or red wine vinegar, some tamari/aminos. That might help make it a bit richer tasting.

I just made a big batch of bone broth. Too bad I can't just email a couple of cups of it to you!

Owly's Journal

Page 26 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast