Page 25 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 25

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, my spine has been like this for over 10 years, so there's some definite fuckery to unfuck.

Thanks again for your guidance.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Owly is offline Senior Member
    We've managed to derail your journal almost as much as Panda's.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Lol it's fine.

221 lbs this morning, though!!!!! WHAT. I ate like a pound of cherries yesterday! But I drank a ton of water so I should not be dehydrated? What is going on!

35.25" / 48" !!

I re-weighed myself about 10 times because I did not believe the scale.

Right now I have chicken bones that have been soaking in cold water overnight in the fridge, which means today is stock day! Which means I'm about to give my body some awesome gelatinous nutrition.

Shit, guys. I'm excited. Though seriously, I need to eat more than I have been. Yesterday I ate, in addition to cherries, a chicken thigh and 3 eggs (with coconut oil). I didn't want any more, but that's still not enough. Actually it sounds like an anorexia diary. I better not be losing muscle.. I will start eating normally again today. Starting with a big plate of bacon and eggs.

I have up days and down days for the appetite, so sometimes I feel like I ate almost nothing, but then I make up for it by eating like a horse on others. I think it's perfectly healthy and normal as long as you have both ups and downs. If you're consistently undereating significantly, then there might be an issue.

Also, I'm a bit of a heretic, but I'm pretty sure cherries aren't going to make you fat.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Cherries had better well not make you fat because I bought a bag yesterday and I'm going through them too. Somehow though, I don't think I got to almost 300 pounds eating too much fruit, you know what I'm sayin'...

And I also cycle between "hungry days" and "not-hungry days" and I think this is normal, since humans evolved from a hunter-gatherer species and I'm sure we historically didn't eat the exact same amount of the exact same thing every day during our evolution.

Also, I am jealous. Cherry season has not yet arrived here, and I can't bring myself to buy the California imports at the grocery store.

Owly's Journal

I'm just a little nervous because I've effectively lost like 10lbs in a couple weeks, most of it this past week, and I know I have not been eating a lot this week. Like, mostly one meal a day. Also, I've been having blood sugar weirdness, especially yesterday after all the cherries. Like, vision going black when I stand up. That kind of thing. So that's not good.

Ate a big plate of bacon and eggs just now and I'll have some chicken soup before bed tonight. That'll be a good, normal amount.

I'll admit it, I bought the california import cherries, and they were fucking expensive. I don't think cherry season starts here until June/July. But I saw them and wanted them. And omg, so good.

I'm not really worried about getting fat on fruit, but I am worried about fucking my blood sugar up super bad and stalling and etc. But, shit. I lost 3lbs overnight. So I think it's probably ok. I'm REALLY excited about being able to say I've lost 40lbs soon. (Which actually is 80lbs from my highest)

Going for a walk in the park today while my stock simmers. Gonna do weights again tonight before bed, I think. Hoping for another good weight tomorrow.

[Edit to add: I also have a history of disordered eating in which I feel morally good about being able to survive on as few calories as possible, so I really don't want to fall back into that.]
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 05-26-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Today was pretty good! Went to the park and walked a couple miles with my friend, then went thrifting, bought some new small clothes (3 skirts, and a sweater for this fall) and some really pretty green glass iced teas (big goblets). Then we went to the beach and laid in our bathing suits on the sand and got some sun.

I felt a little anxious about being in my suit at the beach. It's one thing being at the pool and being able to monitor the people around you, but it's another thing laying down with your eyes closed. I was worried people were staring, and I heard every single "Ewww" and "Shit, that's nasty!" whether or not they were talking about me (which I couldn't tell because I had my eyes closed). It made me anxious, anyway.

My stock managed ok in my absence and is turning into soup on the stove now. It tastes real good already.

I'm hungry today! Ate my bacon and eggs this morning, then a banana before our walk, then a couple pickles afterward, then half a pear and some more cherries just a minute ago. My stomach is still gnawing so I'm anxious for the soup. I know that'll fill me up.

Been drinking water all day. Should drink another 2 glasses before bed though.

Oh, and my friend and I did leg lifts on the beach since we were already laying down. Lol.

Shit, you guys. I make the best chicken soup in the universe. I'm not even exaggerating.

222 today, but that doesn't surprise me since I feel bloated and my period finally showed up (kinda, it's still really light).

Ugh, I just wanna sleep for days.

Page 25 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast