Page 12 of 93 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 12

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    On the Squishy parts. There was a thread on here a while back where people concluded that the fat gets soft and squishy just before it disappears. Like the body is doing some pre fat burning work. So Yay!

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Ooo! Does that mean my tummy (which has gotten SUPER DUPER squishy recently) might shrink a bit soon? I hope so... the rest of me is shrinking and my tummy doesn't match the rest of me anymore!

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    Ooo! Does that mean my tummy (which has gotten SUPER DUPER squishy recently) might shrink a bit soon? I hope so... the rest of me is shrinking and my tummy doesn't match the rest of me anymore!
    Probably! I have heard that too. The theory is that when fat cells empty, they fill up with water in order to keep their shape (because they are tenacious little fuckers who don't know when to quit). So your fat deposits will look the same size as they were, but it'll be much squishier because it's all water. Eventually, there will be a "whoosh" and the water will all flush out. Then the fat cells will finally shrink.

Keep in mind that it's broscience, but there is a lot of anecdata to support it. It happened to me about 10lbs ago too.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Well, I'll keep an eye on it and keep on keepin' on with the Plan. Or, as well as I can with SAD people in the house sabotaging my recipes. Things will get back to normal in a couple of weeks, I'm sure, after everybody's done visiting. It totally sounds like broscience, but I'll tell you right now my stomach feels like a totally different thing these days, it's not the same tissue AT ALL.

IT IS DONE.

My house is actually clean. Now all I have to do is sit back and wait for the guy to arrive.

I've barely been sleeping lately so I'm absolutely exhausted. Been staying up late playing WoW and waking up early to clean. After this, I'm going back to my normal schedule. (How awesome is it that going to bed early and sleeping at night is my normal schedule now? Damn that's great.)

In other news: 233lbs today. Fat is still super squishy.

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    I think you will both have a "whoosh" moment soon.

This is exactly what happens to my husband and it is not uncommon for him to "drop" several pounds in a single night. He has to urinate 5-6 times and the scale will register sometimes five pounds less the next day.

It's nice Spubba that you have a family linkage which allows a long visit.
    I would have knocked off most of my family members if locked in a house with them for even 48 hours.
    How's the food prep been?

Glad you have a clean and ready house Gravyboat--in terms of landlord things, I think clean (i.e. garbage taken out, no food bits around to attract roaches or mice which are expensive to get rid of later) is the big issue. Some inspectors look under the sink to be sure leaks aren't molding, etc. which can really be a problem. But it is your house and no landlord can tell you too specifically how to keep your house :-) A good reliable tenant is a treasure to be appreciated--remember your power!

Whenever I went to inspect a house, cats in the house immediately hid due to stranger in their area. I bet your cats do the same--
    Last edited by missblue; 03-27-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    IT IS DONE.

My house is actually clean. Now all I have to do is sit back and wait for the guy to arrive.

I've barely been sleeping lately so I'm absolutely exhausted. Been staying up late playing WoW and waking up early to clean. After this, I'm going back to my normal schedule. (How awesome is it that going to bed early and sleeping at night is my normal schedule now? Damn that's great.)

In other news: 233lbs today. Fat is still super squishy.
    Yay! Good Job! Now you should use the Flylady plan to keep it clean. (Simple Plan: 15 min a day decluttering and 15 min a day cleaning one room. Plus 1 hr "home blessing" 1x/week) Get some sleep.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by missblue View Post
    in terms of landlord things, I think clean (i.e. garbage taken out, no food bits around to attract roaches or mice which are expensive to get rid of later) is the big issue. Some inspectors look under the sink to be sure leaks aren't molding, etc. which can really be a problem.
    Thanks, that's useful info!

Whenever I went to inspect a house, cats in the house immediately hid due to stranger in their area. I bet your cats do the same--
    My cats are actually really friendly. They come right out to get petted. My one cat in particular likes to follow me around and rub against me and talk to me all day long. (This is the same one that brings me walruses.) She is an awesome cat. <3

I'm going to hope that it's not going to be a big deal, and if they're like "Why do you have two? It says here you only reported one." I am going to be like "Oh my gosh, did I not report the other one??? I'm sorry, my bad! Is there an extra fee? Just let me know and I'll cut you a check right now!" I think acknowledging my fault and offering to set things right is the best thing to do. After all, I AM the one at fault and I know it.
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 03-27-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yay! Good Job! Now you should use the Flylady plan to keep it clean. (Simple Plan: 15 min a day decluttering and 15 min a day cleaning one room. Plus 1 hr "home blessing" 1x/week) Get some sleep.
    I checked out the FlyLady website. I might do it, it doesn't look hard.

I want to sleep for days, but unfortunately as soon as the guy leaves I need to walk to the store for cat food. I've been out since Saturday. Been feeding the girls wet food (which they aren't happy about) because I've been so busy cleaning I can't waste an hour or so (and my limited energy) walking a mile to the pet store. But, after the inspection, and after the pet food, I'm probably going to bed. Can't wait!

PrimalCon New York
    Ok, the inspection went off without a hitch. The guy was nice and he really only cared about the drains. He says he or a plumber will be back sometime in the week to fix my leaky faucets. So I have to keep the place clean for at least a week. Good motivation I guess.

Bad news: I found out that my landlady has been unavailable lately because she has liver cancer and is dying. This sucks so much. I haven't seen her in like a year, but I always thought she was super pretty and nice. So sad...

Page 12 of 93 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast