Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 11

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Those Home Depot sheds can be pretty nice. The beans, not so much.
    Have you read 'Your Money or Your Life' by Joe Dominguez and Vicky Somebody-can't-remember-her-last-name? Might give you something between apartment and shed to aim for.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Just got home from my friend's party. It wasn't that bad, and I didn't eat that poorly. I had a small cup of haagen dazs, some ants-on-a-log, and that's about it. I was not tempted by any of the ice cream toppings or cookies or candies or whatever. Actually I was pretty nervous so I wasn't very hungry.

Bad news: Apartment inspections on Tuesday. Uh ohhhh. Thankfully I already cleaned the bathroom, and I cleaned the worst stuff out of the sink. And I did a VERY cursory picking-up of 1/4 of the living room. The kitchen is a fucking wreck.

I can clean it all up in time but it's going to be a rush and I'm going to hate it. And I don't think I will have to show the cats because I intend to put them in my bedroom "so they don't get out". And if they do see the cats, I will deal with it. As far as I know, it's just the building handyman coming in to check the drains to make sure there's no leaks. Should be ok... Deep breaths.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Good luck on your inspection--as a former landlord, I was much more interested in drains and overall cleanliness of a unit and didn't actually "count" people's pets, so hopefully no problems on that score. Buy yourself a primal treat when it is over!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Deep Breath GB, You can do it! I always worry about surprise visits to my house too. I even tried the "Flylady" method for a while. (check her out if you haven't before) I am a messy girl and I have a messy family.

missblue is offline Senior Member
    I love Flylady! She gives me hope I will someday have a clean house. Haven't got there yet, but my sink is polished and shoes are laced more often now! (First steps in her system FYI)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    The Flylady method works well. I still use it, but I feel that I am going against the tide in my home. My "boys", primarily the husband, think the "Just 15 minutes" thing is silly. Hey, it works if you do it consistently.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by missblue View Post
    Good luck on your inspection--as a former landlord, I was much more interested in drains and overall cleanliness of a unit and didn't actually "count" people's pets, so hopefully no problems on that score. Buy yourself a primal treat when it is over!
    Thanks for letting me know this! I won't worry about it too much. Still have to ultra-clean things.. I have a giant pile of recycling in the kitchen which is the bulk of the mess. I think it'll be ok as long as I get it all gathered up neatly in boxes.

Any other tips and tricks for what landlords look at specifically so I know what to focus on?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Deep Breath GB, You can do it! I always worry about surprise visits to my house too. I even tried the "Flylady" method for a while. (check her out if you haven't before) I am a messy girl and I have a messy family.
    I'll check that out! I'm terrible at keeping my place clean.

Ok I rearranged my living room today (it looks so super cute now) and picked up some more. Sorted some more recycling. Sorted empty boxes into "keep for when I move next", "give to my friend for her business", and "take out with the recycling". The living room is basically done now, just need to vacuum and tidy up a little bit more.

Tonight I am taking out the trash and cleaning up my room. Tomorrow is THE KITCHEN and vacuuming every single surface everywhere.

I should be able to finish in time.

[Edit] Oh, I forgot to add: I felt my belly/thighs earlier and noticed that they are EXTREMELY squishy right now. I have never felt that stuff be more squishy in my life. Really strange and also REALLY GOOD. Squishy = it's going away, so that's awesome.
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 03-25-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Just remember, housework, if done properly, can kill you. Be careful. Then sit back and enjoy it. There's nothing like relaxing in a clean house.

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I love housework! I wish I had more time to do it in. I like making my place all super cute and clean.

Of course, this is assuming that I'm cleaning up after myself. I've had to clean up after other people before, and that's no fun at all.

Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast