Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: College Students? page 4

Tara is offline Senior Member

I'm definitely excited about expanding my cooking skills and having more energy grrr I feel like I'm dragging my feet all day! Can't wait to start experiencing REAL energy from PB!

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member

College student, holla! Even though I've been tending towards this diet for quite some time and been fully on board for about a month and a half, my roommates (most of them in the athletic training major) still tell me I'm killing myself and I'm going to have a heart attack at 25. They've been brainwashed by CW college classes *sigh*. I fricken' love it, though!

Lots of eggs and cheaper cuts of meat, for now, as I only work 20 hrs/week during the school year and still have rent/utilities/gas/insurance/etc. During the summer, though, I plan on getting myself a big ol' pack of grassfed beef (totally pumped for that!!!).

Just two weeks ago I also gave up alcohol and I gotta say, I don't miss it one bit. I still go to all of the parties/bars when my friends do and I still have a blast (I don't need alcohol to be a wacky, crazy dude...believe me), have a LOT more money, and no longer have to deal with hangovers/wasted days. LOVE IT!

I get weird looks when they see that I'm using REAL coconut oil to fry any foods... they think some of the food that I have been buying is hippie. Haha.

I have lost 10 lbs since January 19th when I started following a super strict, "weigh every single food you eat" sort of deal. I couldn't eat gluten or sugar (although they did allow for artificial sweeteners) but I also was advised to eat only low fat items... Needless to say, I was a little nervous about ballooning up once I started the PB with all it's fat, but so far I have already lost a pound!

I definitely do NOT miss the hangovers... besides, my mom would be SO proud! haha

besides, my mom would be SO proud! haha

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...

Actually, ditto, my Mom has always been a teetotaler. Maybe a glass of wine here or there with a fancy meal, but for the most part, sober as a bird.

they think some of the food that I have been buying is hippie. Haha.

I've been called a hippy for most of my college years. Always been into eating healthy, do yoga, and been known to partake in certain consciousness-expanding...*substances*. I suppose it doesn't help that I rock a tie-died bandanna on occasion. haha

My mom gets tipsy off of a glass of wine.. it's great.

I don't really mind if they think I eat strange food.. I think it's delicious! I'm actually surprised about my lack of cravings... I am almost concerned! am I going to get slammed with out of control cravings here soon... I'm being VERY WARY

DON'T GIVE IN! Honestly, I've hit a few spots where I've ingested some not-so-healthy items, but as of lately I've been very good about it. The more I think about what kind of damage I do to my body when I eat that crap, the less appealing it becomes to me. It also helps being on MDA daily for a little inspiration

So I have been tracking my food on Fitday... and my numbers are 15% Carbs, 62% Fat, and 23% protein and my calories for the day are 1349... what am I doing wrong? That fat intake is INSANE!

JamieRose is offline Member

I wouldn't say it's insane at all- in fact, I would say your calories are too low. Can I ask what you normally eat in a day?

Percentage wise, though, I think it looks good!

So today consisted of mostly fruits, nuts, and dairy which I realize is not ideal for PB... here is what I have had so far:

B: Whey Protein Shake with 1/2 cup mixed berries, 1/2 cup Lactaid milk, 1/4 cup coconut milk and a spoon of plain whole fat organic yogurt

L: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup mixed berries, 8 almonds, and 6 macadamia nuts with cinnamon

I plan on having a BAS for dinner with 2 eggs (fried in coconut oil) for protein... When I originally put in the food on Fitday today I had planned on eating eggs for lunch instead of cottage cheese but I got pressed for time.

I would love to cut dairy out of my diet but I had just bought a bunch of different plain, whole fat dairy products before going primal and I definitely can't afford to throw them out. I had also bought a bunch of blueberries and strawberries that I don't want to go bad, but I should probably just cut them up and throw em in the freezer so I'm not eating so much fruit!

Any suggestions as to how I can improve? Other than cutting down on the dairy?

I also ran two miles... woo for my first workout (besides yoga) since cutting out all grains

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Tara more important than cutting down on dairy would be to get some more protein in. From what I can tell you're only around 50 grams or so depending on how much whey and if there was meat in the BAS.

College + working out = good amount of demand on the body, so fuel it right. As far as carbs and fat go you're looking ok, those will improve themselves as you add calories or normalize the diet.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast