Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: College Students? page 3

vonterschpe Guest

Primal Fuel

1. I love exercise and wouldn't be able to enjoy college life without it. All the homework and stress that goes along with it needs some way to get out.

2. If i eat eggs I eat like 9 or so, with a whole bunch of cheese and some peppers and meat or whatever else i have on hand. I sometimes skip my eggs because I dont have time in the morning to cook. Like today I didn't eat breakfast and had cottage cheese for lunch. I think at our young age most people could eat whatever they wanted, so i wouldn't worry about it too much. But you did say something that I really agree with. Building good habits now will pay off later in life. It's important to learn to control how/when/what we eat.

JamieRose is offline Member

I'm with vonterschpe about exercise- I used to run Cross country in high school, so shaking off the CW that chronic cardio isn't great has been hard for me... so I still do it occasionally (maybe twenty minutes twice a week or so at most). I do yoga once a week, too, and friggin love it. I'd get so stressed out if I couldn't exercise often.

Salad shrimp are just littler- I prefer them because you buy them frozen, rinse them for five minutes in cold water, and they're good to go as a salad topping. Not as satisfying as grilling regular shrimp, but hey, I'm lazy.

Tara is offline Senior Member

You don't even have to cook it? That's amazing! I'm definitely going to look for them!

I ran cross country during my senior year of high school! I was definitely not a star runner but it was fun Recently I just can't find the motivation to do anything hardcore so this was perfect for me! I'm walking more and more and plan on starting to lift and do sprints

I have absolutely no patience to use Fitday.com... is it terrible that I'm not closely monitoring how many grams of carbs I eat a day? I don't really eat a ton and it's basically just meat, eggs, almonds, and veggies (with the occasional fruit). What do you guys do?

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

It's not even hard anymore after it all becomes habit. Luckily most of the kids I grew up with im going to college with so they don't say anything about eating habits.

And the results speak for themselves as far as people asking questions. There's really no good tips on drinking... drinking is drinking haha, Telling a girl to stick to hard alcohol on here isn't the greatest advice haha

You'll notice once you start having more energy and just being more happy in general drinking is an easy decision.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Tara is offline Senior Member

I actually prefer NOT to drink, unless I'm having a glass of red wine after dinner, so this is pretty much the perfect excuse! Now that I know what the alcohol does to my insulin levels, I'd much rather not make my body go through that

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

Oh well then this will be an easy transition, college or not!

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

alexrl89 Guest

I'm 20 and a dancer who goes to college part time and I can tell you first hand that this lifestyle change was a pain in the ass. I suppose it's all about what you want. At first I would try to strictly stick to the diet and it would leave my mind obsessing about food which then killed my social life and everything that went along with it. Figuring out a way that works for you is key. It's taken me several attempts but I do know this, my actions speak much louder than my words. I'll look in the fridge and find out that my roommate bought the same food I did, or at work i'll see other dancers trying the same exercises I'm doing. Just do yo thang and things will start to fall into place.

jkilbane is offline Junior Member

If you're looking for more protein sources, TJ's has a great selection of canned fish. Just make sure to get the ones canned in the right oils or just water. Make sure there is no soybean or canola oil with the fish. Ground beef is a stable for me. It's the cheapest source of grass-fed beef I can get. It takes a bit of eating to get used to the goodness of saturated and animal fats, but they're your best friend when it comes to staying healthy!

On exercise: walk everywhere you can.

JustinKN is offline Junior Member

alexrl89: "Just do yo thang"

...Words to live by.

DrLime is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I'm also in college. Most of my housemates used to assert that I was killing myself by not eating grains. Ironic. After a few weeks they stopped, perhaps noticing that I have way more vitality and haven't been sick since I dropped the carbs.

If you stick with the diet for a few weeks it becomes way easier. Once you get accustomed to ketosis you'll have way more energy and feel healthier. And when you feel good, it's easy to ignore the people who criticize the diet. Plus, once you get a good grasp of your food options you can be more creative with your meals. It really makes cooking a lot of fun, with the ever-so satisfying effect of good health.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast