Thread: Question about Carbohydrate Addiction! page

MrWhiffles is offline Junior Member

Question about Carbohydrate Addiction!

Shop Now
    I've been experimenting with primal a lot lately, and over the last few months made some good progress. I'm slowing down on the sugar binges (old, bad habit) and most of my meals are primal. Yay!

Quick question: When I eat carbs [parents are old-school English; I'm forced to at dinner] first, I find that I instantly feel satiated. I don't really feel like eating anything else, and I hear not a peep from my usually 'loud' stomach on what to eat next. No amount of colourful stir-fry will tempt me once I've eaten a handful of baked yam fries.

What gives? Is this sugar addiction rearing it's ugly head? Any suggestions on how to beat it?

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i don't think this is sugar addiction, and nobody ever became metabolically deranged from baked yam fries! i say, eat 'em up. believe it or not, and acute insulin spike can definitely tell the body that it is full, which is what you may be experiencing.

i think you're fine.

MrWhiffles is offline Junior Member
    Thank goodness, they sure are tasty!

kevingeary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWhiffles View Post
    I've been experimenting with primal a lot lately, and over the last few months made some good progress. I'm slowing down on the sugar binges (old, bad habit) and most of my meals are primal. Yay!

Quick question: When I eat carbs [parents are old-school English; I'm forced to at dinner] first, I find that I instantly feel satiated. I don't really feel like eating anything else, and I hear not a peep from my usually 'loud' stomach on what to eat next. No amount of colourful stir-fry will tempt me once I've eaten a handful of baked yam fries.

What gives? Is this sugar addiction rearing it's ugly head? Any suggestions on how to beat it?
    We need more information to give you an answer. What other carbs do you like? How many grams per day? What is your history with carbs and sugar? Do you have a sweet tooth? What about when you were a kid?

JazzWorthy is offline Member
    Well yams are a primal, filling, healthy source of carbs. If those are the carbs you're eating, then there shouldn't be a problem.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
    There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
    There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
    I love not man the less, but Nature more...
    ~Lord Byron