Thread: Cauliflower Crusted Pizza page

Kelly Barr is offline Member

Cauliflower Crusted Pizza

Shop Now
    OMG, I made a Cauliflower crusted Pizza is just fantastic. I am now going to use this crust for a lot of different recipes.

This was so delicious and my husband loved it too.

Cauliflower Crusted Pizza

2 Cup Cooked riced Cauliflower
    1 Cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
    1/2 Cup grated parmesan cheese
    1 egg, beaten
    1 tsp. dried oregano
    1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
    1/2 tsp. salt

To "Rice" the Cauliflower:
    Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes. There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself.
    One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
    To Make the Pizza Crust:
    Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
    In a medium bowl, stir together 2 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. Add oregano, crushed garlic and salt, stir. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 12" round. Optional: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.
    Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
    Remove from oven. To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).

Enjoy!
    *Note that toppings need to be precooked since you are only broiling for a few minutes. You cannot tell it was cauliflower. This is better eaten with a fork.

FOR FOTOS: go to Kelly's Thoughts

ENJOY AS WE SURE DID!!!!!!

Kelly

activia is offline Senior Member
    too bad my husband won't touch cauliflower..wont even TRY it. grrrr.. its so bland come on! All in his head.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Kelly Barr is offline Member
    OH NO ACTAVIA< he will not even be able to tell. Tell him it is a high protein flour u r trying. My husband could not tell it was Cauliflower at all... We make mashed potatoes with cauliflower and my adult kids could not tell the difference at all..

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Barr View Post
    OH NO ACTAVIA< he will not even be able to tell. Tell him it is a high protein flour u r trying. My husband could not tell it was Cauliflower at all... We make mashed potatoes with cauliflower and my adult kids could not tell the difference at all..
    He's onto me trying to hide it...... I'd have to cook it when he wasn't home, will take some tricky business... maybe one day... thanks for the recipe tho hehe

I served my dad my mashed cauliflower and he thought the potatoes were awesome... I then told him that it was cauliflower lol
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

amdws1234 is offline Member
    This recipe is good. I have gotten a ton of my gluten free friends on it too. Pizza was one thing I was missing. I had gotten to the point where if I ate pizza I would just scrape the stuff off the top and leave the crust. Nice to be able to make a primal version and devour the whole thing. I think the carb count for the entire large crust is less than 50...

Bron is offline Senior Member
    reckon this recipe just made its way onto my 'must make' list! the kids thank you

PrimalPam is offline Member
    I've always hated cauliflower, but I made a version of this a few months ago and it was OMG so yummy!! Thanks for posting it; I will make it again soon!

If you haven't tried it, trust me, the only one who'll know the real ingredient is you.
    Truly Paleo since 1/1/2012 (Doing Leptin reset)
    Turned 50 on 3/8/2012 !!!
    5'2" Female
    11/27/2011: 162.8 lbs.
    7/15/12 : 148.6 lbs.
    Clean Paleo diet: Lots of CO, Meat, Seafood, and doing CT 5x/week, 40 mins @ 50-52 degrees F

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    I made this last night. Great success.