Thread: Vitamin K2 page

vb66 is offline Senior Member

Vitamin K2

Primal Fuel
    Hi all!

I've been doing some research on vitamin K2 and am interested in supplementing with it. I have struggled with cavities and enamel erosion my whole life (despite eating mostly whole foods and taking care of my teeth), and am hoping that K2 will help. Had any one had success with K2 supplementation? I am also having a hard time finding what kind of dosage I should try. I looked at the health food store today, and they sold 100mcg capsules.

Any help is much appreciated

DebraL is offline Junior Member
    Just a thought... you might go to a website called undergroundwellness.com (there is a podcast, too) where you'll find an interview that talks a lot about the benefits of K2 and maybe dosing info (sorry, I don't recall that part). The broadcast is called "Fighting Osteoporosis" and the guest is Dr. John Neustadt, it aired May 12, 2011. Dr. Neustadt IS promoting his own product BUT the information is quite interesting and you might find your answer there or maybe on Neustadt's website.

You'll also find a podcast interview with Mark Sisson that's well worth listening to as well!
    Last edited by DebraL; 02-22-2012 at 05:08 PM.

peril is offline Senior Member
    I had great improvement in my teeth following Vit D3 supplementation. I eat fermented foods, particularly cheese, on a daily basis for K2. Can't help with supplementation doses
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Richard Nikoley blogged about the stuff and his teeth just a while ago. The butter oil and fermented CLO really seem like good stuff, and for more than just K2.

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DebraL View Post
    Just a thought... you might go to a website called undergroundwellness.com (there is a podcast, too) where you'll find an interview that talks a lot about the benefits of K2 and maybe dosing info (sorry, I don't recall that part). The broadcast is called "Fighting Osteoporosis" and the guest is Dr. John Neustadt, it aired May 12, 2011. Dr. Neustadt IS promoting his own product BUT the information is quite interesting and you might find your answer there or maybe on Neustadt's website.

You'll also find a podcast interview with Mark Sisson that's well worth listening to as well!
    Thanks I'm going to check out that site and podcast right now.

I'm sure it's better to get K2 naturally through fermented foods but I don't have consistent access to that sort of stuff at this point. Hopefully I will soon. I'm going to start supplementation tomorrow. I'll give some updates if I notice any difference in my teeth.

Dog
    Dog is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaReina View Post
    Richard Nikoley blogged about the stuff and his teeth just a while ago. The butter oil and fermented CLO really seem like good stuff, and for more than just K2.
    I used to take the Blue Ice brand butter oil and cod liver oil capsules - I bought them individually, not the combined version. But I'm no good at sticking to supplement schedules, so I stopped after a while. Will probably start taking them again, but man are they kinda pricey...

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Do we need vitamin k2 - Give it to me Raw

I wish I knew his sources. Note, this is only for MK-4.