Thread: coconut oil taste page

anniegebel Guest

Primal Fuel

My husband doesn't like coconut. I'd like to try using some coconut products here and there to see what recipes of mine I can tweak and improve. Do coconut oil and other things carry the coconut taste with them?

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I don't know what "other things" you're talking about but coconut oil definitely has a coconutty flavor, unless you get the refined type.

My husband's not a huge fan of coconut either, but when I make coconut flour waffles or pancakes (recipe is on my blog) he enjoys them and never says "ew coconut"... The last couple nights we've also enjoyed some dark-chocolate-dipped fruit. I stirred some coconut oil into the chocolate to make it smoother and he didn't say anything. I thought it gave it a really nice flavor note though! Also, I sprinkled the dipped strawberries with some unsweetened shredded coconut.

Is it a flavor thing or a texture thing for him? I have a friend who can't stand "coconut" (i.e., shredded coocnut) because it reminds her of fingernail clippings. Hahaha. But I'm sure something like coconut oil stirred into dark chocolate wouldn't bother her.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.