Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Beaver Journal page

beaver is offline Senior Member

The Beaver Journal

Shop Now
    Ok,
    I am going to start a journal on here to help keep my focused. I lost 20 pounds last year eating primal (with alot of cheats) but have hit a major plateau. I have been at about a 37 inch waist and 190 lbs. since mid last year. Last November, I did a whole 30 and got down to a 36 inch waist and 180 lbs. The Thanksgiving thread really helped to keep me in check. I was doing starting strength and loved it. But I seem to have been snake bitten with injuries lately and the last bit has been a left shoulder inpingement that I am still getting over. Out of frustration, my way of eating has also suffered. So, I am starting another whole 30. Ok, so this is going to start out with a whole 33 which I started on Monday and will go till March 23rd. Whole 30 for me means no sugar or wheat. Sugar seems to be my biggest weakness. With this, I hope to get my eating habits back in check.

Exercise:
    I will be starting simple fit today with level 1. I need to let my body heal. I had set personal records in squat, deadlift, weighted dips and others, but it got to the point 4 weeks ago where I could not do 1 pushup without severe pain in my left shoulder. I even felt pain just holding the bar during squats. Also, I will have to travel shortly to Russia for a few months and can easily still continue the simple fit routine. I will still incorporate sprints once a week. Another item I need to incorporate more is moving slowly alot. I hardly ever walk. I used to run alot and don't mind it, but for some reason I hate walks. This needs to change.

Current stats (as of 20/02/2012):
    height: 5'8"
    weight: 192 lbs.
    Waist: 37 1/2

Goals:
    34 inch waist

notes: I will weigh and tape on Mondays. I will post before and after photo's 24 march (my birthday) with a goal of a 36 inch waist. Following this I have planned a goal of a 35 inch waist by April 21st and a goal of a 34 inch waist by 1 June 2012. Hopefully by putting this out there in public will help me keep focused. (especially photo's).

Today:
    06:30 Black Coffee for Breakfast
    12:30 Purple Wrath BCAA before workout
    12:30 SimpleFit level 1 Day 1: 55 rounds in 20 minutes
    13:45 Lunch: Steak and chicken kabobs with onions, mushrooms, Squash, red peppers, mandarin oranges, and cherries.
    18:00 Dinner: 2 handful of grapes, Steak and chicken kabobs with onions, mushrooms, Squash, red peppers, mandarin oranges, and cherries mixed with 1/2 cup of white rice
    Last edited by beaver; 02-24-2012 at 06:25 AM.
    RLTW

Day 4:

Rest day. Plan to take kids on a walk when we get home (assuming weather permits)

note of the day: #$%#@$^!!! someone brought in donuts to work. So far so good and that's what this journal is all about, keeping me accountable by writing everything down.

06:30 black coffee for breakfast
    12:30 Lunch: grilled salmon w/ publix roma blend vegetables
    15:00 Whey protein shake w/ water
    18:00 Dinner: bacon and eggs
    Last edited by beaver; 02-28-2012 at 06:45 AM.
    RLTW

Day 5:

Leftover donuts are still on the conference table near my desk. Yesterday was hard, but looking at day old donuts is easy. today is not even tempting. Today I will be doing Simplefit level 1/Day 2 plus shoulder exercises.

11:00 cup of green tea
    11:45 BCAA
    11:45 Simplefit L1D1 @ 3:16 plus I did situps of 40/30/20/10 and shoulder exercises
    13:00 Lunch: Ratatouille, white rice, and grilled chicken
    16:00 protein shake and banana
    19:00 Dinner: Ratatouille, sweet potatoe, and grilled chicken
    RLTW

Day 6:

These are a little late since I was gone for the weekend. Had to wake up at 2 in the morning to drive to atlanta for military drill weekend. Needless to say, I was tired Sat. night. Still kept diet in check as best as I could. Big thing for me was to stayed away from grain and as little sugar as possible

12:00 lunch: spinach/lettuce/grilled chicken strips/jalapenos/chopped eggs/raspberry vinaigrette dressing salad
    19:00 dinner: 10 mild wings from taco mac
    RLTW

Day 7:

this day went easy. I skipped dinner since I wasn't that hungry and got back home late sunday night. so I am just making this into a 24 hr fast. last week I did 10 sprints @ 10 sec each, but my abs started to really get pregressively tighter and more sore after each sprint. Guess they were a little more worked than I had thought. It's a lot easier to not eat or think about food when you are busy and moving around most of the day.

07:00 black coffee
    11:30 lunch: spinach/lettuce/grilled chicken strips/jalapenos/chopped eggs/raspberry vinaigrette dressing salad
    16:30 6 x 10 sec sprints with walk back to starting point as rest.
    RLTW

day 8:

Weigh and tape this morning. Decided to do this every monday morning. Keep in mind I haven't eaten since noon yesterday. Also, my starting stats are after a week in NYC eating whatever the hell I wanted (Serendipity I love you).

starting stats (20/02/2012):
    height: 5'8"
    weight: 192 lbs.
    Waist: 37 1/2

height 5'8" 02/20
    Weight
    current stats (27/02/2012):
    weight: 184.4 lbs.
    neck: 15
    chest: 43
    Waist: 36 3/4
    hips/butt: 39
    upper legs: 22 1/2
    upper arms: will try to remember next time

06:30 black coffee DECAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaarrrrrgggggggg!!!! wife bought decaf over the weekend when we ran out. Noticed the label on the bag right before leaving for work.
    11:30 BCAA
    11:30 workout Simplefit L1D3: 1:22 + situps: 40/30/20/10 w/ 1 min. rest between sets.
    12:30 Lunch: banana, rice, ratatouille, and chicken
    15:45 Protein shake and banana
    18:30 Dinner: banana, pineapple, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, sweet potatoe, and chicken
    20:00 1 x glass of red wine and half a 85% dark chocolate bar
    Last edited by beaver; 02-28-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    RLTW

Insane Grok is offline Senior Member
    you are making some great progress man!

and i did laugh about your wife getting decaf, what a waste of black water that is!

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Grok View Post
    you are making some great progress man!

and i did laugh about your wife getting decaf, what a waste of black water that is!

Yeah the coffee was a killer this morning, but it ended up not bothering me after all.
    Last edited by beaver; 02-27-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    RLTW

day 9:

today is a rest day. I plan to walk for an hour for my lunch break (weather permitting). Last night, my wife and I took our kids on a walk since it was nice out. Hopefully this will continue.

06:30 black coffee
    12:30 Lunch: california blend veggies w/ EVOO and salmon
    13:30 1 hour walk (lets make this a trend)
    15:30 protein shake
    18:30 Dinner: bacon and eggs

I was SO tempted to have a reeses peanut butter egg last night that my wife offered me. She went to Blissdom (sp?) and brought back a lot of goodies including a lot from the Hershey booth.
    Last edited by beaver; 02-29-2012 at 06:14 AM.
    RLTW

day 10:

Today will be the start of simplefit level 2. I am debating on if I should start level 3. Not sure how long I will keep up simple fit as I can see it getting real repetitive, but so was starting strength and I loved that. Can't wait to get back to lifting heavy.

06:30 Black coffee
    13:00 Simplefit L2D1: 49 rounds in 20 minutes (I alternated chins and pulls each round)
    14:30 Lunch: japanese blend vegetables, sweet potatoe, sirloin beef chunks and protein shake
    17:30 Dinner: homemade pizza. Crap....didn't plan on eating this, but my wife ate my dinner I had for lunch and I was left with nothing cooked. I should have made something, but said screw it and ate with the family. Positive side is I did not overindulge.
    20:00 2 x glasses of red wine and 4 squares of 85% dark chocolate
    Last edited by beaver; 03-01-2012 at 06:38 AM.
    RLTW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast