Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideal Abs Accompanied by Skeletor Face page

larlong is offline Junior Member

Ideal Abs Accompanied by Skeletor Face

Primal Fuel
    I've been eating and exercising PB for close to a year. I'm hooked on the lifestyle and have achieved great results. I've reached my ideal weight/BMI a couple times, and when I do my abs really start to show great definition. Unfortunately, when I lose those last couple pounds off my belly, I also noticeably lose more fat around my cheeks, so much so that I start to look unhealthy-skinny in my face. Have any of you experienced this? I love the definition my body shows with fat loss, but the Skeletor face isn't working for me.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Yes. When I am ripped my face is boney thin looking. Everyone is different in how much fat they have in various places. As you lose fat, you lose it systemically. It just so happens that by getting lean enough to clearly see your abs, the fat in your face reaches that very low level as well. Someone with more fat cells in their face genetically with the same amount and type of fat cells in their abs as you would not look as gaunt when ripped.

Another thing to consider is that its really not healthy for a lot of people to be that ripped or low in body fat for extended periods of time. Most body builders, actors, models all train for "peak" condition for photo shoots, contests, movie rolls etc. They do NOT stay in that condition for very long at all as its too restrictive and unhealthy. That said, some people are naturally very lean and can easily stay at or near that condition with little sacrifice or effort. Most of us simply don't have that body type and trying to achieve and maintain that look is very taxing and unnatural. This is the simple truth of it.

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    I cannot offer you a solution to your problem, but this is probably the best thread title I've seen on a forum in weeks.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcb View Post
    I cannot offer you a solution to your problem, but this is probably the best thread title I've seen on a forum in weeks.
    There is no solution that I know of other than having some fat injected into your face by a qualified professional.

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    Hey, Skeletor is sexy!

How do you feel about growing a beard? A little facial hair in the right spots may hide it altogether.

BuffaloGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    Hey, Skeletor is sexy!

How do you feel about growing a beard? A little facial hair in the right spots may hide it altogether.
    +1. When my face gets too thin I let my scruff come in a little and that is usually the answer.
    My Leangains Journey

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Body fat is lost everywhere, you can't really spot reduce, rip the abs rip the face....the trick is finding that balance.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    The longer you maintain the low BF composition, the better your face will eventually look as you will "settle" in the new property. You will dehydrate, and spend time outdoors, sleep well & stop looking haggard. If you cannot do these three & maintain current body comp for over 6 months, your body just can't exist in that BF%.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

PLee1980 is offline Junior Member
    What kind of height/weight are we talking about?
    SW: 12/28/11 - 190.5 @ 24% BF
    CW: 3/7/12 - 179 @ 21% BF
    GW: 155-160 @ 10% BF

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    I love the old adage that a woman over 40 has to choose - bottom or face....I find when I loose a lot of weight so my abs show, my ribs show at breast level and my face is so gaunt it ages me 10 years, I don't know if there is an answer....if there is I want it as I want face and ass
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast