Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this ever going to work? page

Kattkovacs is offline Member

Is this ever going to work?

Shop Now
    Iím having so much trouble with weight loss, I know I know .. No scales right? I have an obsession. It wont budge Ö And the days it does Iím so ecstatic! The days it goes up, is well .. rather horrifying.
    Iím 19 and 134 pounds Mostly fat. OF course the scale yesterday said 130. Iíve come down a lot from (when I was 14) 170 pounds or so. That wasnít a healthy loss though. Iíve been on and off primal for a while. Iíve officially stuck to it over a month.
    My diet consists of meats, Veggies, nuts, and water usually. I spice it up sometimes with special flowers. But I havenít acceded 60 carbs at all. And theyíre all healthy carbs. Granted I cannot afford grass fed meat all the time, I try my best. I sprint every other day or so, my lungs can only handle small bouts of sprinting a week. I do dancing, and lift weights.

I was 118 10 or so months ago, I felt healthy and I felt good.
    I want to get back to that good feeling. I donít even necessarily need to be 118 again, just have a better body composition. And feel good, but alas its February, Summer is almost here. I havenít worn a bathing suit since I was 12Ö these things donít happen overnight. This I know. But Ö What am I doing wrongÖ.

(I am new to the forum, so I may have posted this multiple times)

Alaska Ang is offline Senior Member
    My daughter is close to your age. Give yourself some time and just follow the plan. Hormones can make your weight flucuate a pound or two depending on your cycle. Since you are significantly down from a few years ago focus on that and start to work on adding muscle. The rest will fall into place. Stressing over the details will do more harm than good.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Same post different threads? How come?
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread48933.html
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

DiabloG1970 is offline Junior Member
    Are you walking? Remember walking is a large part of it. Add fruits to your menu althought you don't need to eat as much as veggies they will make you feel beter and might help you get more out of your workouts. Have you tracked your daily intake on fitday.com? They also have helpful weight goal tracking. I had trouble at first and kept falling off the wagon mostly it was because my goals were too aggressive. Fitday can help you figure that out for your self.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Same post different threads? How come?
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread48933.html
    I'm new to this forum, and I have no idea how to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloG1970 View Post
    Are you walking? Remember walking is a large part of it. Add fruits to your menu althought you don't need to eat as much as veggies they will make you feel beter and might help you get more out of your workouts. Have you tracked your daily intake on fitday.com? They also have helpful weight goal tracking. I had trouble at first and kept falling off the wagon mostly it was because my goals were too aggressive. Fitday can help you figure that out for your self.
    I use it every day.

Insane Grok is offline Senior Member
    stress is a powerful hormone, and i know its not an easy one to kick, stress over the scale, stress at how you look...there are a lot of things out there to stress about.

it took a new job for me to drop a lot of stress. plus looking at old pics on where i was...it took me about 6 months before i saw a difference, now within those months i dropped inches and had to buy new clothes, but i didn't really see the difference until then, everyone else was praising me and that kept me going.

keep it up, try your best not to worry about what the scale says, you could add muscle or just be sorting out other changes and thats why it doesn't move, but if you keep with this, it will work and you will be forever changed

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    134 pounds? Unless you're like 5 feet tall, that is not bad.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Pay more attention to how you look to yourself in the mirror and how your clothes fit than the scale. You said you have alot of toning up to do... if you're trying to build muscle mass the scale is going to be particularly deceptive.

Also, if you're really sprinting and not just running, every other day is way too much. Try walking more and sprinting just once a week.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Brains, muscles and bones aren't made out of sugar.. perhaps your body is loading up on the things it needs before deciding it has enough and can use the rest for energy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast