Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I feel like giving up .. page

Kattkovacs is offline Member

I feel like giving up ..

Shop Now
    I’m having so much trouble with weight loss, I know I know .. No scales right? I have an obsession. It wont budge … And the days it does I’m so ecstatic! The days it goes up, is well .. rather horrifying.
    I’m 19 and 134 pounds Mostly fat. OF course the scale yesterday said 130. At the start I weighed anywhere between 138-145 From say ... January to about now, But I’ve come down a lot from (when I was 14) weighing 200 pounds or so. That wasn’t a healthy loss though. I’ve been on and off primal for a while. I’ve officially stuck to it over a month.
    My diet consists of meats, Veggies, nuts, and water usually. I spice it up sometimes with special flowers. But I haven’t acceded 60 carbs at all. And they’re all healthy carbs. Granted I cannot afford grass fed meat all the time, I try my best. I sprint every other day or so, my lungs can only handle small bouts of sprinting a week. I do dancing, and lift weights.

I was 118 or so 10 months ago, I felt healthy and I felt good.
    I want to get back to that good feeling. I don’t even necessarily need to be 118 again, just have a better body composition. And feel good, but alas its February, Summer is almost here. I haven’t worn a bathing suit since I was 12… these things don’t happen overnight. I keep seeing people losing weight like *SNAP* What am I doing? "doesn't happen over night" This I know. But … What am I doing wrong….
    Last edited by Kattkovacs; 02-21-2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    What type of exercise are you doing besides sprinting?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    It's not like *SNAP*. If you actually look closely, people are taking a very long time to lose the weight. For example, this one:
    The Weight Seemed to Just Shed Off Effortlessly | Mark's Daily Apple
    In one year she went from 177 to 138. That's about 40lbs. That's a lot of weight, but it's not super fast. From January until now you've lost anywhere from 8-15 pounds. That's way faster than her rate, which is less than 4lbs a month.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    What type of exercise are you doing besides sprinting?

I use weights 5 pound, and incorporate them in dancing. Moving my arms up and down, squats, a lot of hip movement. And walking.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    It's not like *SNAP*.
    I guess I get discouraged ... because recently the scale has not budged at all. I have a terrible time with my self esteem, and I get weary. Wondering constantly if I need to be doing something different. I am not exactly sure when I was 145, maybe two months ago, so I cant be to sure exactly how much has even been lost ..

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Take your measurements if you can't ditch the scale. I thought I was in a plateau until I started taking my measurements and comparing. Only losing 1-2 lbs per week is a lot easier to swallow when you lose an entire inch off your waist and hips to go with it!
    I fluctuate weight constantly (as do all of us). I'm gaining 4 pounds, then losing 5, then gaining 3 , etc. all along the way, but the measurements keep shrinking and I don't flip out about the scale roller coaster.
    You may need to tweak some things, but you may just need to kick back and chill a little! Learn to be happy with the journey!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

What sort of things should I
    "tweak"

Uppy is offline Member
    Katt - how tall are you?

Also, to quote a famous dead guy: "Never, never, never give up."

Quote Originally Posted by Uppy View Post
    Katt - how tall are you?

Also, to quote a famous dead guy: "Never, never, never give up."
    Winston Churchill

I am 5'5 or 5'4

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Kattkovacs View Post
    But … What am I doing wrong….
    Oh I feel for you....I have been there where I wanted the results like NOW! I felt soooo helpless. It sucked! I can't tell you exactly what happened when I changed it around. I had alot of support and just accepted that the results were gonna be slow and that was ok.

I read The Beck Diet Solution. It helped. I was willing to do the work though.

I actually weighed myself everyday. I worked on letting go of the feelings I was feeling when I saw the number. Letting go can be difficult, it takes practice. I'm still weighing myself everyday and it's not messing me up.

I'm reading Change Anything by Kerry Patterson. It is teaching me how to not fall into the "willpower trap". It's not only about losing weight by the way.

All I have to say is you can stick with it and figure it out. Keep workin' at it. The weight will come off. I lost 10lbs in 10 weeks. So far so good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast