What should I be switching around ... or doing different

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kattkovacs View Post
    What sort of things should I
    "tweak"
    Well, a few possibilities you could play around with:

Take it easy on the nuts
    Make sure you are getting enough healthy fat
    If you are sprinting, dancing and lifting often, you may need some more carbs (primal ones, healthy ones, a fruit or sweet potato). Some peoples bodies like a little more carbs- you could try cycling them in on heavy workout days.
    Also, you could be over doing the sprinting. Over-exercising ups your cortisol levels- which could stop your weight loss.
    These are just suggestions thrown out there. In the end, you need to know your body. Find out what works for you. We don't know all the details of your life, and you do. Part of the journey is finding what makes your body happy.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppy View Post

Also, to quote a famous dead guy: "Never, never, never give up."
    oh and yes, definitely THIS! ^

Kattkovacs is offline Member
    I do consume a fair amount of nuts. I thought the lower the carbs the better! Maybe tomorrow when I work out I'll consume, no nutts and more veggies, with an apple. I meticulously count carbs.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Take photos to track transition. Then squat - get your legs lifting, deep and heavy.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    It seems to me that you are making good progress. Sprinting every other day seems extreme to me though. If you are truly sprinting all out, you'd not likely want to do it that often, nor would it be good to. It is very demanding and requires time for recovery. I think a better weight training plan is in order too. 5 pound DB's doing dance moves is cardio. You need to build some muscle which will greatly improve your metabolism. It will help change your body composition towards a leaner build. Weight training needs to be number one on the list. It is not secondary to cardio training as CW would have us believe all these years. It is essential to great health, vitality and longevity.

Insane Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    It seems to me that you are making good progress. Sprinting every other day seems extreme to me though. If you are truly sprinting all out, you'd not likely want to do it that often, nor would it be good to. It is very demanding and requires time for recovery. I think a better weight training plan is in order too. 5 pound DB's doing dance moves is cardio. You need to build some muscle which will greatly improve your metabolism. It will help change your body composition towards a leaner build. Weight training needs to be number one on the list. It is not secondary to cardio training as CW would have us believe all these years. It is essential to great health, vitality and longevity.
    thats good advise, try doing HIIT, google it or search MDA...but doing that only twice a week, it will take less time and should help out all aspects.

plus what kakes said. make sure to get enough fats, nuts while not bad aren't really great either, and if you can up your fats, lard/butter/coconut oil into your veggies and meats, it will keep you from feeling the need to snack. and try to add a sport, like disc golf or tennis...play time is a good time

Kattkovacs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane Grok View Post
    thats good advise, try doing HIIT, google it or search MDA...but doing that only twice a week, it will take less time and should help out all aspects.

plus what kakes said. make sure to get enough fats, nuts while not bad aren't really great either, and if you can up your fats, lard/butter/coconut oil into your veggies and meats, it will keep you from feeling the need to snack. and try to add a sport, like disc golf or tennis...play time is a good time

There are many different HIIT workouts, do these count as cardio? And what would you suggest I try

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    High intensity interval training is indeed cardio but it is also anaerobic at the same time. Believe me if you have the cardio conditioning to do 8-10 all out steep hill sprints, running a few miles at a slower pace will be like a walk in the park. Yes there are many variations of HIIT. Nothing IMO tops good ole sprinting. I see a pattern on this forum where people seem to be looking for any alternative they can find to actual all out sprinting. Why is this? I suspect in most cases its because it is so damned hard! There is a dread factor associated with it. The kind of experience where you can't help but think oh man I NEVER want to go through that again!! You see though, this is where the magic happens. Your body thinks the same thing and does what it has to do in order to better handle such a significantly stressful event, should it happen again. It releases human growth hormone which literally makes you biologically younger, i.e. stronger, leaner. It is like telling your body that it needs to be younger all the way to the deepest cellular level. Every cell of every organ is strengthened to help withstand such a stress the next time. Done too often the adaptive response is short circuited and burnout follows. Intensity levels drop as its impossible to go 100% all out unless properly recovered.

Again, I cannot stress enough the need to do some real old fashion weight training. If you did nothing else it should be that. Then sprinting would be a close second. Weight training is absolutely essential to good health, quality of life and longevity. It helps prevent diabetes, osteoporosis, cancer, heart disease and the list goes on and on. Build muscle!!!

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Stop eating nuts, dairy and drastically reduce fruit if you want efficient weight loss.
    ad astra per aspera

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast