Thread: My Primal Challenge! page

Pinkskyy is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I have been going back and forth between deciding if I want to go primal, and have dabbled enough in the lifestyle to know that this isnt a fad for me, but will be a never ending lifestyle.

I have PCOS (they think) and do not menstrate (Sorry if thats TMI!) I also have psoriasis, and a candida over-growth. Anyway, this way of living has been recommended for me to clear all of the above problems as well as many others, so I am fully committing this time! I have the tendancy to go the all-or-nothing route, which I have changed since starting on this journey. Sometimes a potatoe or a piece of bread might fall on my plate, and that is ok! 80/20 rule, right?

I dont weight myself so I dont know where I am at right now, but it needs to go down. I used to be very overweight (5'5, around 215 lbs) and have kept most of it (lost 50lbs!) off for almost 4 years now. But I yo-yo between a size 6-12, and it needs to stay around a 2-4! My cycle usually is to do PB 100%, feel AWESOME, than have some bread or pasta, feel guilty, and than binge for a few weeks/months until I gain enough weight that none of my clothes fit and I get upset. Than I start the same cycle all over again! This cycle needs to end! I have done a lot of internal work as far as self exploration and also figured out where the binge disorder was coming from....anyway I am confident that that is all under control and am ready to live my life!

I am starting my "challenge" now but I have been mostly primal for some time now. But I havent been tracking it until now.

Still with me? lol I didnt mean for this to be a huge post but so be it!

xoxo

OK so I guess I will count today as day one, so here is the good stuff aka the food:

Clementine <--ate ar a meeting at work, and it was the only primal food in site! Would have liked to have some protein with this, but i didnt have any

latte (made at home on my tassimo)

GF bananna muffin (homemade, no sugar--basically just bananna, almond flour, eggs, some walnuts, and a few mini chocolate chips)

100 cal pak of cocoa roasted almonds

Salad

3oz ribeye steak topped with garlic-shallot butter

1 tiny red potatoe fry

tea w/ 10g of agave and a splash of milk

GF brownie (almond butter, walnuts, cocoa powder, egg)

Thats it! I dont have a huge apetite(when I go primal), so it may look like not that much food but I am not hungry for more--and I dont eat just to reach a certain number, I eat by my hunger

lesliek is offline Member

Hey Pinkskyy-- glad to see you&#39;re committing again. May I recommend you start tracking your food on FitDay? I recently started doing this, and it&#39;s really helped me to see how many grams of carbohydrates I&#39;m consuming, and my proportions of fat-protein-carbs. It strikes me that your daily intake, at least for today, looks very carb heavy. This may be part of the reason you&#39;re having trouble sticking to the diet.

Congrats on this new beginning, and I look forward to seeing your progress!

Thanks Leslie!

I actually already track my food on calorieking--although I didnt yet today! I dont like to get caught up in the numbers, so i dont track all the time.

I ate more carbs today than I usually do--today was just a weird day, food wise. Usually I have 1 piece of fruit, if that, and I usually have a lot more protein.

2morow shall be more normal!

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate the feedback

Woke up for work and am not hungry at all! Looks like today will be a short IF (I will probably be hungry for lunch)

I gave up splenda for lent, and now I feel lost without my morning tea! I am trying to use agave, but i just dont like it. It&#39;s not the same without any sweetner, so I am trying to cut it out but I am sad about it lol

Off to work!

Meals so far...

12pm 5 ounces chicken breast, 1 GF bananna muffin and a 100cal pak of cocoa roast almonds

5oz grilled chicken breast marinated in balsamic dressing (organic and GF) over greens with romano cheese

3 flax seed oil capsules

2 fish oils

2 paks of nutrients (multi, calium, mag)

3 herbal supplememt (for hormones)

2 D3 tablets

Not too hungry today, I know I need to experiement getting more fats it, and other things besides protein and a salad.

2morow I will start my morning exercises again-I havent been working out in the am, but now that I am working again it just makes sense--that way, before work I can eat a nice breakfast (my fav meal!) and get more food in that way as well...

things have been going great so far! i feel great, but i still need to work on my menu choices--2morow I have off from work so I will do some cooking and brainstorming....

Off to work now! I will update meals later....

Meals were ok today--I wasnt hungry all day and that felt like I was STARVING around 9pm--I didnt go crazy, but ate some popcorn which I dont know how that is going to affect me, since I havent had than in ages!

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 egg white cooked in bacon fat, 2 slices of applewood smoked bacon, 1 slice american cheese

Lunch: GF homemade eggplant rollatini--small portion bc I wasnt that hungry

Dinner: 3oz turkey breast, 2 slices of cheese, 1 GF brownie, 100cal of almonds

Dinner snack bc I was so hungry: 1 GF bananna muffin, 4 cups popcorn

Breakdown for the day is as follows:

1264 cals

88.5g fat (63%)

53g carbs (15%)

71g protein (22%)

How does this look? For my activity level and weight, I know I should be eating more calories, which is probably why I am hungry--should I add more fat or protein or carbs??