Thread: Post-Cookie Sugar Stomach-Ache page

Pomegranate is offline Junior Member

Post-Cookie Sugar Stomach-Ache

Shop Now
    Hi all,

I eat a diet composed of grass-fed/pastured meats, tons of veggies, avocados, and raw dairy. Even before giving up flour and sugar products, I didn't eat much in terms of cookies/cakes/processed foods. What I find strange is that when I do have an occasional cookie nowadays, I immediately get a stomach ache afterwards. This never used to happen before. I'm curious what the explanation for this might be. It seems to me that becoming primal and giving up flour/sugar products has made me less tolerant to them in general. Have any of you guys had similar experiences?

Thanks!

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Sugar doesn't bother me,I could eat a half gallon of chocolate ice cream and not feel any ill effects.On the other hand,if I eat something that has a lot hydrogenated oils in it like soy and so on I can expect to feel like shit for at least a couple hours.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Yep. I have experienced this with a cookie, but I can eat plain vanilla ice cream without a problem, or just raw sugar. So I think its not as much the sugar but what other things that are in it like the oils/flour. If I eat like..uhh anything fried at a restuarant almost instant pain. This contains both bad oils/flour. If I eat a brownie, pain canola oil/flour. If I have salad dressing with soybean oil in it... I dont really get any pain but dont feel as good as normal. If I eat a small piece of bread (like the same size as that brownie).. I'm Ok. But on thanksgiving I had loads of sweet potato pie (it was crustless) that I believe contained a trace amount of oats and def lots of brown sugar and I was fine. I had a cup of brown rice and was in pain for hours tho.. So it seems to be when certain things are in combination for me, it also seems to depend when I consume them. Ice cream after a 4 mile bike ride..not so good. Ice cream after relaxing eating no problem. I think it also may depend on the other things I'm eating at the time. Empty stomach, full stomach with lots of protein.... lots of fat..

It certainly makes you less tolerant to these toxic things in general.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

back2basix is offline Member
    Too much sugar gives me a horrible headache pretty quickly. I've also found that too much dairy is not good either--keeps me running the bathroom. It is a good thing though--keeps me honest!!

cave-e8r is offline Member
    I got a cup of hazelnut coffee today that turned out to be the kind made with syrup. I drank about half of it before the cramps started, then I dumped the rest out. I had a piece of ice cream cake over the weekend and it didn't bother me at all, I haven't figured a pattern out yet.

Martha is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
    Hi all,

It seems to me that becoming primal and giving up flour/sugar products has made me less tolerant to them in general. Have any of you guys had similar experiences?
    Yes.

Tolerance for certain toxins can be built up over time. I think we have lost our resistance to these toxic foods since we stopped eating them.

Primal since March 2011

Also interesting:
    Wheat Intolerance | Health And Nutrition Tips
    --hhaha people can't give up their beloved pizza eh?

I dont think there is enough known to even think about building up a tolerance for it. You can build up a tolerance for Alcohol so you dont feel so drunk, but its still destroying your liver. So I would think the same is happening with our wheat intolerance.
    Primal since March 2011