Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite sea vegetables? page

Blanchy is offline Member

Favorite sea vegetables?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What is your favorite type of seaweed? Nori is always a solid choice, and I've tried dulse (tasty, but very briny) and laver (the Atlantic version of nori- so-so taste, and way too chewy and rubbery IMHO). Any other suggestions? I usually chop or crumble some into salmon or tuna, or throw some into soup.
    "Itís not about how strong you are, itís how well you can move with that strength."

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    I wanted a snack before bed the other night, so ripped open a bag of nori sheets and ate it like a cracker, lol. It was so good I added some veggies and plain tuna to another sheet with some fresh pico de gallo and nom nommed.

Sorry, I'm not being helpful, just had to share. I have some kelp noodles that I am dying to try and also ordered some dulse on amazon the other night after my epic snack. Sea veggies are trending hard! They're so good for you.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

ďIt does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.Ē - Samuel Adams

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I like wakame.

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    I love nori and will eat dead loads of it if I'm allowed.

I also like the crunchy seaweed salad that you get from the Japanese restaurants, but I don't know how to make it at home. I bought some dried seaweed and reconstituted it because I keep reading everywhere that you make seaweed salad with dried seaweed, but it was just a gooey black mess and tasted awful - it wasn't the brilliant green crunchy stuff that I was expecting.

Blanchy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    I love nori and will eat dead loads of it if I'm allowed.

I also like the crunchy seaweed salad that you get from the Japanese restaurants, but I don't know how to make it at home. I bought some dried seaweed and reconstituted it because I keep reading everywhere that you make seaweed salad with dried seaweed, but it was just a gooey black mess and tasted awful - it wasn't the brilliant green crunchy stuff that I was expecting.
    Damn, I forgot about that stuff- delicious. A quick google search for recipes does not turn up much... might have to buddy up with a local sushi chef.
    "Itís not about how strong you are, itís how well you can move with that strength."

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    I like wakame.
    I love wakame too. I put it in my chicken soup or just in broth with some scallions. So good!!

I'll have to give some nori a try next.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

beastie is offline Member
    I really like Irish Moss. I get it from Mountain Rose Herbs (link on my blog if you're interested), and it comes dried and in flakes. Very easy to mix into scrambled eggs or sprinkle into soups/stews.

I'll also snack on some dulse if I'm in the mood for something salty. It cures salt cravings pretty quickly
    Primal cookery, forgotten skills, natural birth
    www.forgottendomesticarts.com

carlh is offline Senior Member
    I actually JUST came home with a package of kelp sheets. I could snap/cut off "chips" of it. It's kind of good to just eat - like really chewy almost crispy, very satisfying. The taste is weird though - some bites were oddly sweet and some were insanely salty (I expected salty, but this was kind of painful). FWIW.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    SeaSnax are my heart sea green right now.
    Doesn't say what it is, just "Seaweed" - but it sure is good.

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    SeaSnax are my heart sea green right now.
    Doesn't say what it is, just "Seaweed" - but it sure is good.
    I love Sea Snax! I just wish they didn't cost so much... over here it was like 2 bucks for one package. :/ The little nori snacks cost less, I try to find the ones with the fewest additives.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast