Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So discouraged:( page 2

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Grey View Post
    Breakfast- Left over pulled pork and one egg
    Lunch - venison burger and broccoli.
    Banana
    Dinner- 4 slices London broil and squash.

Walking 2miles a day and gym 3x a week.
    I am completely full and do not snack. Have been strictly PB.
    Perhaps my portions are not small enough? I have read testimonials here of at least some weight loss within 14 days?

Primal / Paleo is a framework that sets you up for success, and somewhat intolerant to overeating, but it won't cure it. At your height and weight, it is very likely you are simply eating too much food. The right components should make you feel full, and not hungry.

To put in perpective, I'm a VERY active 5'8" male, 175lbs. I eat about HALF as much food as you do. Think about it.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Michelle it sounds like you have really embraced the primal blueprint. I know many people on these forums are not walking two miles a day. I also praise you for your 100% compliance to the diet; that's pretty tough initially for a lot of people.

I think it's time to reduce your carbohydrates a bit. I didn't say calories, but carbs. I think if you toss the fruit out for a month and replace it with some coconut oil or more meat/liver/eggs it would help you to lose weight.

For weight loss on the primal diet you really want (need!) to be more ketogenic. How much depends on how fast you want to lose the weight and your own needs in terms of comfort.

stay in there it unfortunately does take some time, effort, experimentation and inevitably some failure to reprogram your metabolism to suit your goals and needs. It is a learning process for both you and your body/hormones/metabolic pathways.
    ad astra per aspera

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Took my body at least a month to figure out how to efficiently use fat for energy. Drop the fruit, up the fat (especially coconut oil and real coconut milk) to get into ketosis better.

There's Primal for maintenance, which looks like about what you are already doing, and then Primal for fat loss, which means more meat and fat and a few greens, eggs, etc. but nothing like fruit or squash.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Michelle Grey is offline Junior Member
    I am going to hang in there. Probably lay off the
    Sweet fruits like you said. I wish I had a list of the high GI fruits I should stay away from.
    You all really rallied around me today--thanks so much!

Thank you, TheFastCat!!
    Will cut back on the fruits. Also, I have coconut milk yet not sure how to prepare it?

Right. Thanks, Knifegill!

hottierockstar is offline Senior Member
    i personally don't think that you are eating *enough* especially with your activities...i am assuming that you are walking 2miles on top of your daily routine (i cover 2 miles just doing day to day stuffs)

I do agree on ditching the banana.

are you tracking your calories at all? (i can hear the screams of "we don't count calories in these parts!" as i type) BUT....you do need to have a rough idea if you are under/over feeding and know what your BMR is....TPB talks about this...pg 224 i think.
    Most of us...especially "not so tall" women that have had SAD drilled into our heads forever have a tendency to think a lot of food is a lot of calories....it isn't always....and your food example doesn't look like a lot to me....

Clearly haven't mastered posting replies to individuals yet...LOL!

Thanks, HottiRockStar! Yes, that is my current exercise load. Before I got breast cancer, I lost a lot of weight counting carbs. I have an app I follow daily that shows me I am eating/ burning under 1200 calories a day? I just expected to lose the weight like before. Sorry if I got some members upset
    Last edited by Michelle Grey; 02-21-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    I wish I had a list of the high GI fruits I should stay away from.
    This should help! Healthiest Fruits | Mark's Daily Apple

I would agree with others to cut out the squash and banana, and to make sure your pulled pork isn't full of sugar. Sauces are sugary! Also, with that few calories while doing that much exercise...!! Your body is probably hoarding its fat. You don't need to increase the AMOUNT you are eating if you are feeling full, but I would recommend sneaking in more butter/coconut oil. It won't make you feel stuffed with added volume but it will add a lot of calories that I think you are missing. Also, saturated fat is just plain good for you!
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 02-21-2012 at 01:14 PM.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

hottierockstar is offline Senior Member
    Clearly haven't mastered posting replies to individuals yet...LOL!

Thanks, HottiRockStar! Yes, that is my current exercise load. Before I got breast cancer, I lost a lot of weight counting carbs. I have an app I follow daily that shows me I am eating/ burning under 1200 calories a day? I just expected to lose the weight like before. Sorry if I got some members upset
    for sure not enough calories. if you have the book take another look at the stuff about calories/BMR and search the main MDA (not the forum) for mark's posts about calories.

i don't think you got anyone upset

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast