Thread: Sleep page

Mr. O is offline Junior Member

Sleep

Primal Fuel
    I've never slept well. It's always taken me time to fall asleep and I usually wake up several times during the night. Two weeks Primal and I'm falling asleep easier and sleeping more soundly. I'm also waking up without an alarm clock and don't feel as tired. I'm also finding that all I really did when I stayed up late was watch TV. I'm more inclined, however, to do something constructive with extra time in the morning. Therefore, I'm working on shifting my day by going to bed around 9:00 and waking earlier.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I have always been the one to fall asleep early. DH insists that he is a night owl but when the power was out and he couldn't stay up till all hours watching shoot-'em-ups he was yawning and ready for bed when I was. I'm still trying to get him to see that a good night's sleep is much more important than a television show.

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    I have incredible, lucid dreams now...quite nice, go primal

J.Lawrence is offline Junior Member
    Good for you...it's the quality (Deep REM sleep) that counts over quantity.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Lawrence View Post
    Good for you...it's the quality (Deep REM sleep) that counts over quantity.
    Most nights I sleep like a charm. I generally go to bed around 9pm and wake up, without an alarm clock around 6am. I have noticed that the ingestion of wine during the evening will affect my restful sleeping. If I have 2 glasses of wine in the evening, I will generally have a wake up period somewhere between 1am - 4am --- which is a bummer. Other than that, I bounce out of bed in the morning with an abundance of energy. /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

JenniRose is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by codered5 View Post
    I have incredible, lucid dreams now...quite nice, go primal
    Another lucid dreamer here Same for me here; since I eat Paleo I get about 1-2 lucid dreams per week. The only drawback is the time investment for the dream diary

richroberts972 is offline Junior Member
    congratulation on your progress. i have an insomnia, too. i wonder how i can get rid of it

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Sleeping within 2 mins of closing my eyes, drives my lady nuts!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quality of sleep is one of the best things of primal/paleo. I fall asleep much faster, and sleep through the night. No waking to pee, or restless sleep. In ketosis, my dreams are wild though!