At the local butcher shop they've just started stocking lamb neck. I thought as a new Paleo person who has been reading about the bone broth I thought I'd give it a go. Turns out it's easy and yummy.

Get the butcher to cut the neck into cutlets, they look like New York cut steak but without the meat. Lots of marrow in them.

1/4 cup of coconut flour
2-3 lamb necks cut into chops
2 tablespoons coconut oil, I'm using organic from Papua New Guinea
2 leeks, trimmed, washed, thinly sliced
2 large carrots, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
2 cups stock
2 tsp of dried tarragon leaves
Method
Place flour in a shallow dish. Season with pepper. Lightly coat chops in flour.
Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chops, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until browned. Set aside. Add leeks and carrots to pan and stir around for 3 minutes. Add in the stock and bring to boil. Tip it all into a slow cooker and place neck chops on top, they don't have to be covered. Put slow cooker on high and cook for 3 hrs. Stir in tarragon, cook for another 30 mins. And you are done. Put it in the fridge after cooling for a day to let the flavours get going. The meat is tender and the tarragon adds a delicate flavour.
Not a great summer food for us in Australia but it was an experiment. Maybe my northern cousins can give it a try over the winter.