Thread: finding deals on expensive recipe items? page

Brent* is offline Senior Member

finding deals on expensive recipe items?

Shop Now
    So I was thinking it would be pretty cool if this forum could have a sub-forum where everyone lists the deals they get for certain products that are relatively expensive (i.e. coconut milk, heavy grass-fed cream, macadamia oil, coconut oil, etc etc).

I feel like a lot of the stuff I'm buying is very pricey even when getting it off amazon (16oz. of macadamia oil is about $14), and even in the Seattle area, my natural food store carrys a 6oz thing of grass fed heavy cream for $4. I live in a pretty healthy area in Kirkland area outside of Seattle but it is still impossible to find grass fed eggs, heavy cream that is grass fed, etc etc.

I plan on cowpooling come spring, but it would be nice to know if I'm actually getting a good deal on what I'm buying or if there are dairy farmers in my area where I can get heavy cream, or grass-fed eggs (do these even exist!!!???)

just a suggestion.

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Azure Standard - Quality Bulk & Natural Foods This is a company in the PNW. Create a log-in to look at prices and if you like them, call Azure to find a drop close to you (there will be tons). You have to order a minimum of $55 and the entire drop needs to be over $550. This is not a big deal at all of my drop.

Frontier Co-op | Bulk organic herbs, spices, teas & essential oils.. I think it's $10 to get a "wholesale" license from them to order from them. I think the order total needs to be at least $250 to get free shipping. I order with a co-op monthly. There is no individual minimum.

Bulk organic herbs, spices & essential oils from Mountain Rose Herbs GREAT herbs for good prices. Best if you order with a group to get the $$ discounts.

Even Criagslist sometimes for fruit, veggies, and meat.

Brent* is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Azure Standard - Quality Bulk & Natural Foods This is a company in the PNW. Create a log-in to look at prices and if you like them, call Azure to find a drop close to you (there will be tons). You have to order a minimum of $55 and the entire drop needs to be over $550. This is not a big deal at all of my drop.

Frontier Co-op | Bulk organic herbs, spices, teas & essential oils.. I think it's $10 to get a "wholesale" license from them to order from them. I think the order total needs to be at least $250 to get free shipping. I order with a co-op monthly. There is no individual minimum.

Bulk organic herbs, spices & essential oils from Mountain Rose Herbs GREAT herbs for good prices. Best if you order with a group to get the $$ discounts.

Even Criagslist sometimes for fruit, veggies, and meat.
    thanks jkr, I'll have to try these!