Thread: Hi from Portland, Oregon!

Talking Hi from Portland, Oregon!

Shop Now
    I'm no stranger to the "low-carb" way of life. I came to this site to find motivation to eat better without going through the exercise of counting calories all the time, which I loathe!

After being in great shape, I jumped up to 190 in about four years due to stress (bad relationship, long commute, long hours at work, no sleep, lots of stress eating - carbs!) and then "fixed" that (dumped the jerk , new job, moved closer to the office, and the rest fixed itself). Through those changes plus adding an exercise routine, I've nearly effortlessly dropped 30 lbs since May. I find myself "settled" at this "comfortable" weight, and I know it's from keeping some sugars, processed foods, and grains in my diet.

Besides wanting to look good, and feel great (I already feel pretty good versus just a year ago, but I know I can feel even better), I want to be leaner, faster and stronger. OK, I also want to wear a bikini and own it! I want to reach my potential this year. I don't know what that will mean weight-wise, but I guess I'll know it when I know it.

I have a running coach (it's a group thing, but we receive individual support) who is great and doesn't want us running ourselves to death. I'm only running up to a half-marathon distance, so I don't consider myself an endurance athlete. I run four days per week (one distance, one strength, one speed, one pace) and do a bootcamp style work out two days per week. Once I get up to my half-marathon distance (end of May) I will run even less and join Crossfit. That's my plan, anyway . . .

I have a blog (see my signature) where I record all things diet, fitness, and basic life. I don't talk about personal stuff much since some of my co-workers read it. I'm excited to start today!

Julie, you are SO going to get there! Welcome to the cave...
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

SE PDX'er here! Welcome.

Welcome fellow NWer:-)

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Glad to see some local talent!

Quote Originally Posted by pdxjulie View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcomes. Glad to see some local talent!
    Welcome Julie - Lake Oswego in the house!

Howdy from NW portland! Currently a senior at PSU majoring in Physical Activity/Exercise, minoring in Environmental Studies.

Been following paleo/primal/ancestral/archevore/whateveryouwannacallit for about 2 years now.

Good to see another portlander here. I moved up here from Corvallis after living there for the majority of my life, and I absolutely love it.

Hi! I am from NW Portland/Washington County! Great job, Julie! FYI, I have a Portland Paleo/Primal Facebook page and discussio board. It's mostly for sharing local sources that support the Paleo/Primal lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxhollym View Post
    Hi! I am from NW Portland/Washington County! Great job, Julie! FYI, I have a Portland Paleo/Primal Facebook page and discussio board. It's mostly for sharing local sources that support the Paleo/Primal lifestyle.
    Thanks! Would love a link to the FB page. : )

Shop Now
    Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Portl...64256146978348
    Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/220198441407004/

The group is closed, you just need to request to be a member & I'll approve you.