Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does strict primal lead to a shorter, lighter period? page 3

Roa
    Roa is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchid View Post
    For me, primal has meant no period (well, two in the past year). And I've done a lot of ridiculous diets -- raw, fruitarian, vegan, veggie and have always been an endurance runner in the meantime -- but my (heavy) period always stuck around in perfect cycles until primal eating. And I don't know why. Its gone away with both low carb primal and high carb primal.

However, I still get the same PMS symptoms (but lighter cramping), so ovulation may still be occurring. I've read that if your lining is light enough, the body may just re-absorb it and that lack of period (or little period) isn't necessarily a sign of loss of fertility. It sounds like this lightening may be a side-effect of the whole foods diet... ??
    Same here.

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    Primal 9 months now, and it has taken a long time to see changes. BUT HAPPILY! YES! IT DOES GET BETTER ON PRIMAL.

I still get pains, but can now cope with only taking 2 panadol, instead of my usual 4 (sometimes up to 6).

Much lighter, only 2 days on. Used to be 3 +

Way less flow.

Still as regular as clockwork, once a month.

Like ar0e, I have also given up the traditional bleached products, and switched to natural organic pads, and found it had a massive, positive result.
    Last edited by thaijinx; 07-28-2012 at 08:47 AM.
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123