Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamilyn's 30th Birthday Wish page 8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Best way to transition is to make foods that he would normally eat as a wheat but make them clean and paleo. Sandwich between two pieces of meat, spaghetti squash (or zucchini spaghetti). Turnip pancakes (or well any root vegtable)... The list goes on. One of my fave "transition" foods was pizza with a ground beef crust (made in a pie plate). Delicious! I don't think there is anything that you can't make paleo to satisfy a transitioner.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alright darlin, it's been 10 days since someone last posted on this journal and that someone was me. Where did you get to? Everythin ok?
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Jamilyn121 is offline Senior Member
    I'm back!!

I will do a real post later, but Disney was amazing. Better than I ever expected. I got back to a firestorm of craziness at work. I have been working every second that I had a chance since I got back. Today is the first week that we are back to normal. The only time I get to post on here is at work, so that made me disappear for a while.

I will be on later today. Missed everyone!!!

:P We missed you too!

Where to begin?

We went on our Disney trip. It turned out to be the vacation of a lifetime! We all had a really great time. My 5 year old discovered that she LOVES roller coasters, so we spent a ton of time on space mountain and splash mountain. I was fine with this because I love roller coasters too. The next morning was a little rough from stiffness, but it was so worth it!

As for eating, I didn't pay attention at all and completely threw primal out the window. I was just having fun and eating out every meal. I didn't gain any weight, I think this must be due to the fact that you walk about a 100 miles a day at Disney!!!

When we got back from Disney, I didn't go back to Primal at all. Work was insane, our accountant quit while I was gone and left a really nasty email about me. I had a lot of fires to put out and a lot of financial things to do to catch up from her sudden departure. The past two weeks have been stress stress and more stress! Part of me has known that eating poorly isn't helping, but I basically just completely gave in to my old ways of eating and drinking to cope. Lot's of bread and beer later, I am feeling pretty swollen and tired of abusing myself. I went to sleep last night with the thought, "Okay, you've had enough. Time to get back to real life."

So today I am back! I am chugging water and going full force back to my primal ways. It helps that our CSA program (community supported agriculture) starts this week so each Thursday I will be receiving plenty of veggies, fruits, and eggs for the week. No excuses now : )

My husband was told that we are going to the Dominican Republic for a company trip in October. I have never been out of the country so I am pretty excited about it. I am using this trip as the next event to get looking good for. I didn't hit my goal for Disney but I did feel and look much better than I had in the beginning of the year. I am planning on just keeping this up. I guess for now I don't have an actual goal for October. I will set that once I get back into the swing of things.

I can't imagine how much I have missed on here, but I hope everyone is doing well and I promise that I am back for good!

Woe Is Me

Oh the pain!

I must be going through either carb flu or caffeine withdrawal or I am dying!!

My head is about to burst and I am extremely tempted to just lay on the floor in my office and take a nap. This feeling, this exact moment, is what I need to remember the next time I decide to go "off" of primal! It is just not worth the reintroduction. My poor body. I'm so sorry to put you through this again!!

Anyway,

Last night I did cave and eat a non primal snack of pita chips with cinnamon and sugar. In my defense, I was trying to get them out of the house and just felt like it was a sin to put them in the trash can .

Today, more determined than ever, I am having my black coffee in a bit which I am hoping will reduce this headache. I hadn't realized how much soda I was drinking until I stopped on Sunday. It's just gross and I'm not going to be thinking about it anymore. Then I am going to have a quarter chicken with some green beans and potatoes. I am working through today from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm because of meetings and such, so I will probably run over to either the grocery store for a BAS or to Chipotle for some meat and veggies. Depends on the mood later I guess.

Hope everyone is doing well today, or at least better than me. It's funny, as crummy as I feel I know what's waiting for me on the other side and so I'm really excited!

PS. I have been really really wanting another tattoo lately. I have one small one that I got when I was 18 and it is kind of dumb. I have been thinking about what to get, and I am seriously thinking about getting the grok symbol. I know I am struggling with adopting this lifestyle but it is really the lifestyle that I want to embody.. It is definitely something that I am giving real thought to..

Grok symbol as in the primal blueprint logo? That'd make a cool tattoo!

Bet one of these bumper stickers would look good too! Bumper Stickers

Hahaha,

That site is awesome! I love the baby girl caveman.

Yes, I am talking about the Grok symbol as the in the PB logo. It's pretty awesome and I think it would look cool on my back in the upper left area somewhere.. Talk about a constant reminder about how I want to live! I will wait a couple of months to see if I still want it. But i'm leaning that way!

:P Look at it as something to earn! You don't want your tattoo to shrink so to get it you must first earn the bod to go with it! It'd make great incentive!

Cool Back to feeling great!

Oh, how I missed this feeling. The feeling of an overabundance of energy that makes you just kind of want to bounce around from place to place. I absolutely did not give in to any cravings or indulgences. Just ate a fantastic roasted chicken and asparagus dinner. I went to bed grumpy. I woke up feeling awesome! Yay!

There have been some crazy stressors in my life lately, which is funny because my big focus right now is on creating peace. I guess when you declare that you want something, all of the other stuff bubbles up to get out of the way. Yesterday I got a phone call from my mother in law that my father in law had had a heart attack. After I picked my jaw up off of the ground I called my husband. He was an absolute wreck so I went home to meet him there.

Now, my mother in law has had some very serious medical problems lately as well. She was diagnosed with a very rare autoimmune disease a few weeks ago. Before all of this, these two people are two of the healthiest (CW, but still very healthy) people that I know. So all of the illness has come as a great shock to everyone around us.

Anyway, we made it to the hospital that they had transferred him to by about 8pm last night. We got there just in time for the head cardio guy to tell us that he had in fact NOT had a heart attack and that the other Dr.'s were idiots for telling us this. He has pariocarditis. Which is an inflammation of the heart lining. Very treatable and probably caused by a viral infection. We were so relieved that we all started laughing and crying. It was a very emotional time.

Anyway, I tell this story because I tell everything on this journal. But also, to declare that I don't want an autoimmune disease or a heart attack to jump out and bite me. I have so far treated this lifestyle as a diet, not as a way to prevent future complications and illnesses. I have two small girls that are my heart and I can't afford to not be around for them. It is time to get serious about this on a whole other level.

The subject of mortality has really been at the forefront of my mind lately with the ordeals that my in-laws have been going through. I have been very laxidasical about my health for far too long. I'm done with that. The gloves are off. Time to beat the old habits and the mental broken record that this is 'just who I am'. Time to get primal!!!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast