Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamilyn's 30th Birthday Wish page 7

Jamilyn121 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks Ecks and L2Bf. .

Had a pretty great weekend. Stayed mostly on track and got to golf on Sunday afternoon. It was by far the worst golf game I have ever played, but still fun nonetheless.

Today has been crazy in the office. I broke down and got chinese food. I'm convinced that the sauce is terrible for me, but I enjoyed pork and mixed veggies in a spicy brown sauce and even caved and ate an egg roll. I didn't take a coke, just water for me, So that's progress! I think tonight I may just enjoy a bulletproof coffee and not do dinner. My body needs a break and I don't think I am burning fat yet. So upping my fat intake and lowering the carbs is number one on my list this week.

I have had compliments on my hair from everyone, including my mail man! It has been such a confidence booster. I needed that so much. My mother in law is improving dramatically after a couple rounds of dialysis and they are telling her that she will be able to go home by the end of this week. This is very happy news.

I am usually a pretty smart person, but I am challenged with putting these pics up, so I will get to it at some point!

Hope all is well : )

ecks is offline Senior Member
    For pics- in the text box that you type in (the one I'm typing in right now) there is a button 3 from the right that you click on to load pics up. hope that helps! I wanna see this cute hair of yours
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

*poke* you went missing again! Come back
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

_sarah_ is offline Junior Member
    Hey Jamilyn!

Just wanted to say, I've poked through your journal, and it sounds like you're doing a fantastic job! Don't be discouraged by the odd mistake...just get back on the wagon. You sound like you've come into things with a great attitude and a lot of determination, so I'm sure you'll keep making it work. Congratulations on your results so far!

Thanks sarah!!

Okay okay I'm back. I have let life overwhelm me and have just honestly not had the time to be on here. Good news is that my mother in law is expected to make a full recovery from her kidney failure! She got to come home this weekend, but she still isn't up for visitors. I've had my girls making lots of crafts and pictures for her.

Work has been extremely overwhelming. I have said before that I am an office manager for a church. I am also the Sunday coordinator, set up person, tear down person. The thing is, the church is relatively small so the only paid employees are myself and the minister. We have volunteers, but I coordinate all of it. This means that my upcoming Disney trip (5 days until now!!) is ending the world around here. So I have been working like CRAZY since last week to make sure everything is covered. It's silly to be this stressed before a vacation. I am planning on turning off my smartphone and being completely off work for one full week. I need it bad..

As for being primal, I'm doing well. No real changes because I have been really loose with what I have been eating. I went shopping and got a bunch of pretty clothes this weekend for the trip! They are not in the size I was hoping for, but I look really good and I have decided that I no longer will acknowledge what the tag says. : )

This week I am actually planning on being pretty strict primal wise. I want to go on the trip full of energy and feeling great. Eating as close to 100% primal always does this. The plan is bulletproof coffee in the morning (coffee and kerrygold butter, yummmm), some pistachios in the afternoon if I get hungry, and a big ole' dinner of meat and veggies each night. Tonight is quesadillas for the family with mine sans tortilla. Honestly, once I get the jalapeņos, peppers, onions, chicken, cheese on the plate, I hardly miss the tortilla at all. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

I am honestly so excited about Disney that I am driving my family crazy! Last night my 5 year old let me know that I am really frustrating her with all of my talk about Disney because it makes her want to go so bad. I told her that she was probably going to have to deal with it because MOMMY IS SO EXCITED!!! I yelled that while jumping on her bed. It was a nice way to end her bedtime routine with a lot of laughing

I promise to make myself seen this week. Now that the M-I-L thing is over with I feel like a little bit of the stress is gone.. BTW, is the stress group still talking? I have been so out of the loop and miss my new peeps!!

I don't think the stress group has had much activity. I think it was more for a stress free April. As a heads up a good BP coffee should be low toxin coffee and on top of the butter it's suggested to put in a table spoon of coconut oil or MCT oil.

Glad to see you back on! :P I'll try bug you less when you disappear

Aww, I like the encouragement and reminder that people are here Ecks! I do have high quality coffee and the grass fed butter. I have not been putting coconut oil in lately because I have figured out that that is what was giving me the rash on my face. The second I stopped that, the itchy rash along my jaw line stopped appearing. I haven't gotten around to the MCT oil. I need to get that when I can.. So for now it is just high quality coffee and butter. I did great yesterday with it. I have been so relaxed that I thought I would really struggle with hunger because my body isn't burning on fat, but I was wrong. It was as if I hadn't ever stopped the routine. Yay!

Only a few more days til Disney World. I have about 10 loads of laundry done and in need of folding tonight. I'm hoping that I can just pack tonight and tomorrow so that all I need to do is gather last minute things on Friday evening. It is so icky and cool in MD right now that I can pack all of our Disney clothes without needing anything for the rest of the week, so in a way I guess it is nice that it is cloudy and icky.

Have a roast planned tonight with carrots and onions, maybe a half of sweet potato too. Last night I had my quesadilla filling and it was YUMMO. While the chicken was cooking, I threw some baby back ribs in seasoned water to boil for an hour. Tomorrow I will grill these ribs with a little sauce (not sure what yet). I'm so happy to be back into planning mode! Makes life so much easier. Oh, and my jeans are already feeling looser today. By Saturday I am going to feel great!

I'm not sure if you guys have "Dad's" barbecue sauce in the states but it is DELICIOUS and made with only organic ingredients. Sweetend with organic honey too!

yay for disney!

I will look for it! I have a 19 month old with some sort of stomach but tonight so it is a late night for mommy. I am just hoping that it starts and ends with her!! There is nothing worse than seeing a baby/toddler throw up. They just look at you like, "Why is this happening to me?" It absolutely breaks my heart.

On the upside, dinner was amazing, looking forward to my coffee than ribs tomorrow. I am up past my "eating window" right now and may have to dip back into dinner, but it was primal so I won't feel too guilty if I go for it. I missed writing these posts! I'm happy to be back.

OH MY GOODNESS!! I forgot to mention the awesome and amazing thing that happened this weekend.. I went on a date to see "The Avengers" with my husband and he announced that he is ready to go gluten free. He thinks he is really doing something unhealthy by eating the way he has been. He appreciates that I haven't bothered him about changing his ways but he is ready to at least try a 75% approach.. 75%??? I'll take it! If that means spaghetti OR pizza only once a week, I will be so happy. I am very cool and calm about the whole eating issue at home but it secretly drives me CRAZY that he pushes that crap on our kids. Him coming out from the dark side means that it will be easier on me, and also that our kids will be eating a healthier diet. Yay!!!
    I hope he means it. We shall see!

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I hope you guys have such a blast at Disney! Man, if I lived back in VB, I could pretty much drive up to MD and visit I worked at PAX River for a few months before moving out here. Hey, that's great that your husband is making the transition!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast