Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamilyn's 30th Birthday Wish page 6

Jamilyn121 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Aww, I just popped on here for a sec to catch up and saw your post Ecks. I promise I will be back either tomorrow or Monday, it made me so happy to know that someone is checking in on here!!

It has been insane. A good friend of my husband's passed away on friday morning unexpectedly, Friday afternoon hubby's mom went into the hospital for kidney failure. This was also completely unexpected because we didn't even know she was feeling bad. She has always been in very very good health. And then on top of all of that, I had a big time guest speaker fly in on Friday to lead workshops and leadership meetings for our church. Needless to say it has not been the normal week and I promise to be back as soon as possible! Also, I have completely fallen off the wagon. Almost to the point of rebelling against all of the information that I have learned. Today I promised myself that I am back on. More about that when I have time to post.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Hoping for the best for you! sounds like you've got a lot going on so I will be sure to keep you in my prayers. Come back to the wagon, we have bacon and weight loss!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Thank you so much Ecks. I really honestly appreciate it. I will be back tomorrrow with a vengence with crazy details and horribly ugly confessions

Can't wait to catch up with everyone!!!

I'm back!!

Sheesh, it feels like it has been forever!!

Okay, so I kind of went over how crazy my weekend was. All of the stress and insanity was compounded by the fact that I sort of just said, "screw it" with my eating and started eating crap. So not only was I dealing with a lot, but I was feeling bad and puffy, and exhausted. It was a mess. So yesterday I dusted off all of the crumbs and got back onto the primal wooly mammoth (horses are soooo not me!). I already feel much better than yesterday and the swollen face and flush has receded a bit. I guess I am going to chalk this weekend up as a test to see what my old eating habits would do to me.

The test is over!!!

I stepped on the dreaded scale and hopped off before it beeped because I was horrified at the number it was showing! This week will be all about drinking a ton of water and eating perfectly clean to get back to where I was. I am going to take it one day at a time and one meal at a time. Hope everyone is well!

The best and worst part of your revelation is that you wouldn't have noticed it if you never went paleo. Your body was in a consent state of grossness and it took getting onto a health path and hopping back off to realise that you were in a bad place. Welcome back! We missed you!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

So true Ecks. It is a blessing and a curse I guess : )

Much more a blessing though. I did really well today with staying on track. I think a couple of days of taking it easy and planning each meal is about the only thing that will get the momentum really rolling again. Tonight I am having chicken thighs with hot sauce and butter (yummmm) and either some sautéed spinach or asparagus. I have no idea what veggies are still okay in the fridge. I'm going to make a double batch so that I have it for tomorrow.. Then no snacking or wine for me. Straight to bed after the kiddos tonight to break this bad habit cycle of drinking and snacking before bedtime!!

Oh my goodness. I finally feel better! I'm back in the swing of things. It is funny how easy it is to completely go back to old habits that just don't serve anymore.

Anyway, I spent the last couple of days at my parents house with the girls. My 5 year old had off school for something and so we went to grandmas to play. I love doing that! My girls love the house and my mom and I play music and talk and just catch up. Also, my mom is as determined for me to succeed as I am, so I eat like a queen while I am there. Wednesday night we had ribs (barbeque on the side for mine) and veggies. Thursday I ate leftovers in the morning, and she made porkchops and sauerkraut in the evening. It was heavenly. I am back home today and about to go grocery shopping. (My day off is Friday).

On the list I have ingredients for a pastaless lasagna, spicy chicken and veggie soup, ham apple cheese roll ups, and chicken with peppers and onions. Round all that out with a bunch of veggies and I think I have enough to be successful until Disney! I went from feeling hopeless at the beginning of the week to being full of energy and excitement today. Yet another side effect of clean eating. My mood is so dramatically effected with the intake of processed food that it is rediculous.

On a side note, I tried Scrumpy organic Hard Cider yesterday in my quest to find yummy gluten-free party beverages. All I can say is OMG! The ingredients are organic apples and yeast. It was seriously delicious.

Today I am going to get a haircut. If there is one thing I have to pick about myself that I can't stand, it's my hair. It is a couple of inches past my shoulders and sits in a ponytail 100% of the time. Today I am chopping it all off in the quest for change. If it works, great! If not, it grows extremely quickly. : ) I may even get up the nerve to post pics afterward, we'll see!!

OMG! It looks sooo good! I will figure out how to post on MOnday. I'm not amazingly skinny from my 'before pic' but it doesn't matter. My hair looks awesome! Looking forward to future updates. Tonight was a great chicken quesadilla night with me eating all but the tortilla. AMAZING. I hope everyone else is doing well. With the worry over my mother-in-law I feel like I have abandoned everyone's stories. I very much care what is going on with everyone, but I have a HUGE load right in front of me. Anyone that pray's..All is welcome. Not picky about what type or details. Just need positive thoughts going straight for the kidneys of someone that you love. Thanks!!!

*Big Smile*

I love that you are back full swing and as excited as ever! Really want to see the new haircut! In the posting box, like the one I'm typing in right now, you've gotta hit the 3rd button from the right to post a picture... now post! Missed you!

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Heartfelt prayers and healing thought for you , your family and loved ones!!! We are here when you need us. Take care of yourself and try not to stress over the eating while you have so much to deal with.. I am so sorry you are going through this right now, ((hugs))..

Hot sauce and butter huh? I don't know why but that made my mouth water

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast