Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamilyn's 30th Birthday Wish page 5

Jamilyn121 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quick check in.

I think I have been getting comfortable with my weight loss and I have been loosening up on my rules a bit too much. I have one major trigger food and that is Whole Grain Goldfish Crackers. Don't ask me why, it's wierd, but true. So I devoured a bag over 2 days and yesterday my face broke out in a a hive-like rash and burned all day. I can't attribute this to anything but the crackers! So anyway, I think I might be cured from that craving. The pain, itchiness, and bad look all made me feel like I should probably not be putting that crap into my body.

Last night I went loosy goosy and ate a piece of banana bread, some jelly beans, etc.. Not sure why, just felt like eating junk. Today I am back on my plan and really focusing on what goes into my mouth.

I am going golfing with my dad today, which I haven't done in a lonnnnggg time. So I am looking forward to it! We usually have a few beers on the course so I am going to drink a big bulletproof coffee right before so that I have a bunch of fat in my system. Then this afternoon my mom is cooking up some barbequed ribs and veggies. Yumm!!! I am sure the barbeque has hfcs but she tries to support me in any way that she possibly can, so it's close enough for me.

I am comfortably wearing my size 12 jeans today for golf. I am still in denial about getting smaller, I think I need to really work on my mental health so that I can see that I am really making progress. I know that half the time and then the other half of the time my brain throws a big hissy fit and tells my body that it is still huge and ugly and that I might as well eat those yummy goldfish : )

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Enjoy the beautiful weather! Well, at least the people in Maryland will. It's awesome!!

Happy Monday everyone!

This weekend was great. Got an amazing round of golf in on Saturday, which totally made the rest of my weekend seem extraordinarily better.

Food wise, I got myself back on track pretty well. I ate a LOT but it was all primal so I'm thinking I did pretty well. Well, I am not counting the beer that I drank on the golf course, but I walked that off and had no bad side affects from the wheat/gluten.

Today I am fasting with my bulletproof coffee and trying to get back into a good pattern of behavior. I got up late this morning and rushed out to my exercise class. I arrived just in time to see my class running outside. I had a fleeting thought that I could still escape if I really wanted to. But I didn't listen to myself and ran to catch up. It was INSANE! We had to run a half mile to the bottom of a hill and then do hill sprints. It was seriously killer. But I felt soooo good after all the pain! Also, today is the first day that I have been able to do 30 second planks in a row. She broke it up for us because we were all about dead from the workout. I'm not positive that I could have held it a whole minute, but I'm getting close. This in itself was enough proof that I made the right choice in going. I love all of these life changes!!

Tonight I will be eating leftover steak with sautéed spinach and onions. I will probably throw some blue cheese on top to add some calories. After that workout I think I need to go a little bit heavier than normal. Possibly a half of a sweet potato with butter.

Something that I have noticed over the past couple of weeks is that my production at work has significantly improved. I am a high producer and I handle a LOT of details with what I do. I never really thought I needed improvement. But now I feel like I have laser focus and things are just feeling very clear now. I am happy to say that I can only attribute it to this diet and the exercise. I feel so GOOD!!

PS My husband mentioned on Saturday that he feels really good since starting to cut out the wheat. Now, he said this as he had about 4 lbs. of spaghetti on his plate, but I have to admit he is trying. Taking the approach of not bugging him and just leading by example seems to really be working. After all, he can't argue with the way I am looking. Yay!

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Yay for you.. and I can't wai to be a size 12 again... lol...

Oh jeez, I have said that for so many years. I do need to clarify. These size 12s are magic jeans. I've never had a better style for my body in my life. In no way am I a 12 in all styles yet. But I am hoping by Friday to have graduated into another pair or two of the old 12's sitting in my closet.

Wiped out today..

Actually just wiped out because it is bed time I guess. I had a great day. I woke up and decided that I was going to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Screw fasts! Screw primal! Screw it all!! As you can tell, I woke up and jumped out of the wrong side of the bed...

Fast forward to 1pm when I hadn't even thought about eating yet. Apparently this lifestyle has grabbed a hold and won't let go!! So by about 1:30 I was thinking about food. I could have just fasted til dinner but I REALLY wanted something yummy today. So I went to my little chinese place and ordered roasted pork with mixed veggies, a spicy brown sauce on the side, and I didn't hold the fried rice. This 'cheat' was soooo amazing. I ate a little more rice than necessary and tore up the veggies and meat and ended up using very minimal sauce.

Overall I would count this as a SUCCESS!! If this is what my cheat day needs to look like them I'm all for it. I decided that I wouldn't make myself dinner because I'm just stuffed from that awesome meal. It is 9 pm and I am enjoying a handful of pistacchios, a glass of wine, and plan on a square of chocolate. Then nighty night because I have to wake up at a god aweful hour to go run my (still sizable) hiney off!! Hope everyone else is feeling great and enjoying their inner caveman!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    For the most part that wasn't a "cheat"... And really there is no "cheating" in paleo. Part of the diet is to listen to your primal instincts and fill those needs. If you wanted rice it's because you wanted rice. The fact that you went for it just tells me that you thought it was worth it. Also, rice is one of those "ok in moderation with light exercise" foods. It covers the fine line between grain and whole foods. Regardless of it all it sounds like you enjoyed it! occasional indulgences are required in a lifestyle nutrition change or else it just wouldn't be sustainable.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Ecks, I total agree with you. I have to get the word "cheat" out of my vocabulary when it comes to food.

This morning I got up and felt guilty because I was hungry........ Um, that was a mental wake up call that I am getting a little crazy about the food and IFing.

So I deliberately made a delicious primal breakfast with eggs, bacon and veggies and ate to my hearts content. Not a huge meal because it doesn't take much these days, but I ate. Tonight I have an amazing dinner planned with fish and asparagus. I am enjoying the weight loss but as I have said before, a lot of mental things are coming up that I didn't expect with this journey. Listening to myself for the first time in my life is huge, and a little scary at times. I guess I am just dealing with each issue as it arrises. I'm quite surprised as I thought I was just overweight and that was the only thing ever wrong with me. Apparently I have some very unresolved food and body issues that are making themselves heard to me for the first time (that I am aware of).

What an interesting adventure it is to get healthy. I'm not talking about the weight loss, though part of getting healthy is obviously to no longer be obese, I'm talking about health. This is the first time in my life that I am focusing on my health.. How strange to realize this.. This journal is revealing more to me than I ever thought that it would.

:P you, my dear, are stuck in the "too much eating made you fat" mindset- you know, the one that we were forces on through life? They always did get it wrong- it's not the "how much" but the "what" we are eating. IF is a useful tool but I'd almost wait until a few months into paleo before you start. Your body needs to fully be in Ketosis (fat as your primary burning fuel) or else all you are doing is starving yourself and feeling hungry while doing so. By entering ketosis your body goes "no food?? that's ok I have fat I can eat!". Before that point your body will just scream for sugar. When IFing you shouldn't feel hungry at all. Once you've made a concious decision not to eat you shouldn't have to think about food at all. If your body is still screaming you're probably not fully switched over fuel wise. As much as caloric restriction is good to a degree you are going to be wasting your time if your body isn't burning fat. Hope that all makes sense
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    ((Jami)) You are doing so great! I am happy for you and I want a pair of magic jeans~where do those come from?? lol...
    I wish for me it wasn't how much food that mattered but only what kind!! It never worked for me like that. I cut out all grains, sugar, packaged.refined foods, legumes and even dairy and never lost all of my weight. Eventually I even gained because I went so low carb I was in a state of starvation and recently had to up my carbs now things are moving well!!

I am so much happier these days and see a light finally
    Have a good day!

Jamilyn! I got all excited to follow a new journal and you haven't posted in a few days! Come back!!

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast