Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamilyn's 30th Birthday Wish page 2

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm glad you're doing so well with primal! Well done at the restaurant today and a belated happy birthday!!!

Jamilyn121 is offline Senior Member
    Thank you so much Panda! By the way, I have been reading different threads on here and I thoroughly enjoy following you! It is wonderful to laugh while being inspired at the same time.

First Successful Weekend

I must first say, I wasn't perfect. But I was darn good! I successfully survived a weekend party and didn't go crazy on the junk! I stuck to meat and pretty much shoveled down a whole veggie tray over the night, but I wasn't sad about 'missing out' on any of the desserts, or even the delicious Italian food sitting around. I DID have a tiny bite of a homemade chicken pot pie, but c'mon, I'm only human!! : )

After my Friday night spontaneous workout, I woke up Saturday feeling very tight, not quite sore, but I could tell I had definitely done something. I decided I better do day 2 of the workout routine, so I popped in the DVD, huffed and puffed through what those skinny girls on the tv called a "Cardio Party", and about killed myself. I'm not kidding, I wasn't in any real danger or anything, however my 5 year old came into the room and said "Mommy! Are you sure you should keep doing that? Your face is soooo red!!!" God bless her : )

I have to mention that my brilliant idea of working out on day 2 would have been a GREAT one except for the small fact that I had conveniently forgotten that I was taking my daughter roller skating that evening... For the first time.. And for the first time in about 16 years for me (Oh and about 80lbs heavier). By 4pm I was a little nervous as every muscle in my body was shaky and weak.. But rollerskating we went! I picked it right back up, along with my daughter, who I picked up every 45 seconds. I was exhausted but we had such a blast~

After, we went to a jam session at a friends house. I play the flute and sing a bit so I got to add my tunes to the guitars. It was a great night!

Today, Sunday, was an easy day to stay on track as I have virtually no time on Sundays to do anything. As a matter of fact, once I start IF I am going to make Sunday one of the days that I do this. I wake up early for work at a church and am there until mid afternoon. After, I usually crash for a 2-3 hour nap with my infant, but today I didn't need one! Extra energy from eating clean?? I think so! Here is the way that I can tell that this primal stuff has really knocked me off my rocker. Instead of napping, I CLEANED! I did laundry, vacuumed, and cooked. Okay, so I did all of these things while making very audible groaning noises because my quads and butt and, well, everything hurt so bad from the workouts. (Today was a planned rest day) But still, I did them! Dinner was leftover taco meat with sauteed (in butter) onions, spinach, jalapenos, and red bell pepper topped with a teensy bit of chedder cheese and sour cream. H-E-A-V-E-N. Going to bed a happy girl!

PS> Someone asked me today at church if I was doing something because I looked beautiful today. I told him I was eating meat and veggies pretty much only, he looked at me and said, "So you're diggin the bacon. Cool." Lol, I responded with a very enthusiastic "You know it!"

One Week Down.

And I feel like a different person. I can't believe it has only been a week! My cravings are all but gone, my energy levels are through the roof, my muscles ache from good exercise, my mood has already made major improvements. I am even 5 lbs. down from last week! I feel like I am going through some major transformations on the inside too. Not sure where that is going yet, but it will be interesting to see and experience.

I have to say, I am not really doing strict 100% primal. But I am doing probably 90/10. I'm VERY close. In the past, I would have considered myself a failure if I slipped and ate something "bad" for me. This time around, I find that I have really been gentle with myself, and to be honest, I feel as though it has helped me make better choices.

It's almost like I have this part of my mind that is a bratty teenager that wants everything that I say I CAN'T have. That teenager has won in many many arguments over the years and has helped me get to where I am today. This time, I am prepared for this brat. Each time the little hellion speaks up that she want's something, I say, "Go ahead and have it. It's no biggie. You know how you are going to feel afterwards, but if you want it that bad then have a ball."

This throws the bratty teenage me off a bit. What's the trick here anyways?? Aren't I going to wallow in self pity and spiral further and further out of control until I am lying in a food coma on the floor, completely swollen and bloated and not even remembering what it was, exactly, that I ate?

"Nope," I say to the B.T. "This time, you can have whatever you want, I'll just stand by and let you have your fun. Then I am going to go right back to living this new lifestyle and feeling great." B.T. gets a little curious, then bored, then tired, and goes away. No longer set on getting what she can't have, because she is not restricted anymore.

This bratty teenage me seems to have gone on to find something else to do because I am no longer having these arguments with myself as to why I can't have something. As a matter of fact, over the past day or two, I don't even think I have asked myself "Why" even once. I am getting this. It is sinking in. There is nothing that I can't have, but many things that I know will make me feel better if I choose them over the junk.

Ahhhhh, how freeing. And what a rambling post. Oh how I am quickly becoming addicted to this journaling thing..

It's so cool how you've had such a remarkable internal change in such a short period of time. Good for you! The same has happened to me but it's only been very recent after working to switch to the primal WOL over the past 4-5 months. I'm older and probably have a lot more ingrained bad habits and patterns to break through, though. My 'inner teenager' seems eons away.

Keep on keeping on!

Thanks so much!

Tonight I had the Best.Dinner.Ever. I was feeling extra hungry because I didn't eat nearly enough today, so I stopped by the grocery store on the way home. There was a rib eye steak on sale with my name on it. Took it home, cooked it in delicious butter, whipped up some cauliflower mash/rice (I just can't get the consistancy right, but the flavor is awesome), and a sweet potato. It was a better dinner than I can ever remember having in a restaurant for about a quarter of the price! I may even dream about that dinner tonight. Yummmmm.

Later I busted out a killer workout and actually fist pumped myself after completing it without falling on the floor dead. After a nice cool shower, it is time to settle in on a small glass of wine and an early bed time. The side effect to this diet that I haven't yet mentioned is that I am falling asleep the second my head hits the pillow. It feels so good to wake up in the morning and actually get up rather than lay there and pretend I don't hear one of the girls calling my name.

I'm thinking at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be running circles around my 5-year-old at Disney World in May. Mickey Mouse here we come!!

I found out last night that I am still human..

I was beginning to wonder if this way of eating had started to turn me into some superhuman. I have been feeling so strong and in control of my emotions. Bouncing out of bed in the mornings and running around with the kids in the evenings. It's been wonderful! Still great, but I did have a major slip up last night.

First of all, let me say, all this talk about dark chocolate on these posts have completely ruined me. After spending way to much time on the forum yesterday I decided to go to the store and buy a package of dark chocolate with sea salt and almonds. WORST IDEA EVER. First of all, the chocolate only tasted like 'more' so one little square was just a joke. Second, I thought to myself, "Mmm, I wish I had some wine to go with this chocolate. What a treat that would be.." Well 3 glasses of wine and a half a bag of chocolates later I wasn't feeling so superhuman. I drank 3 huge glasses of water and took my sorry self to bed.

I woke up this morning feeling okay, but not nearly as bouncy and happy as I have been over the last week and a half. I guess all in all it was a good lesson in control. No more chocolate squares, at least for now, for me. I'm going to go ahead and tell myself that at least I gorged on decadent chocolate instead of gross whole grain goldfish. So in the light of that revelation, Go Me!!

The other thing that I managed to miss is exercise. I felt as though I couldn't squeeze it in yesterday. So instead of doing my day 5 of "The Firm," I managed to have a major wrestling match with my girls. I was picking them up and throwing them onto the couch cushions amidst a symphony of squeals and giggles. My little one is about 22 lbs and my big one is 50. I consciously did this about 20 times with the little one and maybe about 15 with big girl. I am going to count that as a workout I guess. It definitely fell under the category of LHT!

I know it isn't about the scale, and I guess I do look better, but no compliments so far, which is a little discouraging. My mother in law stopped by last night and looked at me for a second, then looked at hubby (who has gained 15 lbs since Christmas) and said to him, "Wow honey, you look great! You must be losing weight!" To which hubby replied, "Thanks Mom, but Jamie is trying to lose weight too." That darn woman looked back at me and said, "Huh."

GRRRRRR!!!!! It was enough to drive me to the wine and chocolate. I guess that was my excuse.

I am fighting CW today and trying to remember that more fat is good. I upped my breakfast this morning to 3 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, 1/2 onion, and 2 cups of spinach. This is about double my normal breakfast. I'm hoping that by doing this I will want a later lunch, then a very light dinner. Dinner is always my heavy meal but I'm going to see if this works.

Quick and easy tonight..

Did not order pizza or wings tonight.. MAJOR milestone!!

Hubby orders pizza every friday. When I was semi trying to go paleo, I would order wings because, "At least that's meat!!" This week I made extra food on Wednesday and said no tonight. YAY ME!!!! Hubby thinks I'm insane now but I enjoyed my country style ribs and "asian" coleslaw... Drinking wine and eating chocolate too, however I did say no to the big meal.. Considering this a big success

Go meee Go meee.. (That is being sung with the 90's cabbage patch dance.. ) Oh yeah, that's how I roll.

Ugh.. I've been sick.

Because of this I haven't been exercising or watching what has been going into my mouth. I have had a ridiculous amount of orange juice and chicken and dumpling soup.. Today starts back to business. Gotta restock the fridge and figure out what the menu is for the rest of the week.

The weather has been amazing!

And because of this, I am really feeling the push to go completely primal. Since being sick, I had really allowed myself too many cheats. Things weren't looking smaller or tighter, and my energy level started to plummet. So I have decided to do the 21 day transformation. Up until now I hadn't really officially decided to take on one of the challenges. I thought, so what if I give in a little here and there? But that is really not working. I think it's time to really work this and reset my body to burn fat. So goodbye to anything that is not primal, I won't miss you!!

This is my day 2, I was great yesterday. I know for sure that I can do this because I LOVE pretty much all veggies and meat, it's just a matter of not letting my mind screw me up!! I'm ready for it this time. ENOUGH.

Plus I just counted and I have 59 days until Disney World. I would like to be feeling good enough to take pictures with the kids on that trip!!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast