Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No more ear wax

Hybrid View

No more ear wax

I have always used a Q-tip to clean my ears post shower and have always gotten enough wax to color the tip yellow, but nothing excessive unless I miss a few days of cleaning my ears.

Since going Primal I get absolutely nothing on the tip, I mean to tell you that I have no ear wax at all. What is up with that?

I have actually always enjoyed the feeling of cleaning the wax from my ears, but I am just wasting Q-tips if I continue to try cleaning my ears with them.

I'm sure it isn't a cause for concern, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
    You know where You are? You're in the jungle baby!!! You're gonna die!!!

Before I went primal my ears would get plugged up at night or if I went under water. I no longer have the plugging up at night problem. I have not been swimming since going primal so we'll see what happens this summer.

Same here, although I never thought about it until I read this. Earwax is like bellybutton lint, you don't miss it if it's not there!

Quote Originally Posted by KimInGA View Post
    Same here, although I never thought about it until I read this. Earwax is like bellybutton lint, you don't miss it if it's not there!
    I'm thankfully getting rid of the dept of my belly button too, so much less lint, lol.

I'm hoping having less ear wax is good for the ear. I know I won't need to do any ear candling while staying Primal.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal King View Post
    I'm thankfully getting rid of the dept of my belly button too, so much less lint, lol.

I'm hoping having less ear wax is good for the ear. I know I won't need to do any ear candling while staying Primal.
    I hope it's good for my ears too!! About 18 months ago (pre-Primal) I woke up one morning totally deaf in one ear and so dizzy I couldn't even walk. No warning whatsoever, felt totally normal the night before. Over the course of many weeks, I slowly regained about 90% of my original balance but sadly only 20% of my hearing in that ear. There is apparently nothing that can be done (medically speaking) for this, so I live in fear of waking up one day with the other ear deaf too. I'm really, really, really hoping that eating & living clean will reduce the chance this will happen!

I think it has to do with reducing Omega 6 fats. I had the same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I think it has to do with reducing Omega 6 fats. I had the same experience.
    That may very well be it. Glad I'm not the only one. Another thing I've noticed, I normally get dry flaky skin on my feet in the winter, but not this year, or not since starting the Primal diet at the first of January.

ditto.
    and public service warning: Pre-primal, q-tip days, I came down with an ear infection. The screaming horrible crying over dinner until my husband takes me to the ER really is this what 2-3 year old children suffer from how do they survive--
    type of ear infection. Doctor looked in my ear, saw infection, said, "You use q-tips, don't you?"
    follow-up doctor in NY, for antibiotics, heard the diagnosis and said flatly, "You used q-tips."
    there's a reason q-tips say not to put in your ear. The skin in your ear is so delicate that the q-tip can scratch it, leading to hellish infection.

same here! wow, never thought about it
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Yet another bonus of eating properly...yeah! I had noticed this change also...didn't really notice it enough to comment, but yeah, there's a lot less colour on the swabs now.