Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No more ear wax page 2

Liam is offline Member
    Yup. Dandruff gone too.

Primal King is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I think it has to do with reducing Omega 6 fats. I had the same experience.
    That may very well be it. Glad I'm not the only one. Another thing I've noticed, I normally get dry flaky skin on my feet in the winter, but not this year, or not since starting the Primal diet at the first of January.
    You know where You are? You're in the jungle baby!!! You're gonna die!!!

thyme is offline Member
    ditto.
    and public service warning: Pre-primal, q-tip days, I came down with an ear infection. The screaming horrible crying over dinner until my husband takes me to the ER really is this what 2-3 year old children suffer from how do they survive--
    type of ear infection. Doctor looked in my ear, saw infection, said, "You use q-tips, don't you?"
    follow-up doctor in NY, for antibiotics, heard the diagnosis and said flatly, "You used q-tips."
    there's a reason q-tips say not to put in your ear. The skin in your ear is so delicate that the q-tip can scratch it, leading to hellish infection.

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal King View Post
    I'm thankfully getting rid of the dept of my belly button too, so much less lint, lol.

I'm hoping having less ear wax is good for the ear. I know I won't need to do any ear candling while staying Primal.
    I hope it's good for my ears too!! About 18 months ago (pre-Primal) I woke up one morning totally deaf in one ear and so dizzy I couldn't even walk. No warning whatsoever, felt totally normal the night before. Over the course of many weeks, I slowly regained about 90% of my original balance but sadly only 20% of my hearing in that ear. There is apparently nothing that can be done (medically speaking) for this, so I live in fear of waking up one day with the other ear deaf too. I'm really, really, really hoping that eating & living clean will reduce the chance this will happen!

Mountainduck is offline Member
    I almost posted this exact same topic the other day, but thought I was crazy!! It's totally gone. I kind of miss it. I would almost get that involuntary leg kickin' action like a dog when I would dig in there with a Q-Tip!!

Lack of Omega 6...Hmmm?

severina418 is offline Junior Member
    I don't have any ear wax in one of my ears, and my ear itches really bad inside the canal. It drives me crazy!

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    I noticed this a couple of days ago. Less wax and much lighter colour. I've been Primal since Jan 1.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    I noticed this in myself, and more dramatically in my 4-year-old. She had always had really thick, brown earwax until we went Primal. Lately we've let her eat school lunches to test and see if a rash she's developed is related to wheat, and sure enough, the thick brown earwax is back. I wish there were some scientific explanation for this!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meeshar View Post
    I noticed this in myself, and more dramatically in my 4-year-old. She had always had really thick, brown earwax until we went Primal. Lately we've let her eat school lunches to test and see if a rash she's developed is related to wheat, and sure enough, the thick brown earwax is back. I wish there were some scientific explanation for this!
    I think there is a normal variation from person to person of the composition of earwax. Some people have a soft earwax that normally moves out of the ear canal, while others have a harder, stickier type that needs to be softened to keep it moving lest it build up and form a plug that will need to be removed (through hot soak, peroxide, and use of an ear bulb). I found out I was one of the latter kind sometime after cleaning out a boyfriend's ears for him and seeing him walk around shaking his head because of the novelty of hearing well years after he had been told to get his ears cleaned out.

I was told you should fill your ears with warm baby oil and soak them each morning, but that water will work. So I just make sure I fill them in the shower every morning.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No difference here.

Asians like me get my earwax picked out by that special wax removing instrument by parents annually, sometimes more often. Anyway, I went back home recently and had it done by my mom. She took out some really large crap from my ears.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast