Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to lose inches from hips & thighs page

CarolineC is offline Junior Member

How to lose inches from hips & thighs

Primal Fuel
    Hi

I've been primal on and off for years and feel best on a low carb version.

I started seriously after christmas due to family spa day in march. I've lost 13lbs in 7 weeks and 5 inches off my waist, but I've only lost 1 3/4 inch off my hips and one inch off my thighs.

A typical day is

eggs and bacon or omlette.

primal chilli or chop with onions and courgettes

homemade chicken curry or meat and veg for evening meal

I do fry a lot of my vegatable in butter, lard or dripping and I do have a lowcarb hot chocolate for supper sometimes with low carb crackers and cheese.

I try and walk 30mins + 5 days a week and do one set of bodyweight exercises with some fast skipping a week, any more and at the moment I get too stiff!

I am losing the weight but would really like to lose more from my hips and thighs, any suggestions?

I have 5 weeks including this one till my spa day and want to look as good as I can next to my stick thin sister!

C

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    You can't really spot loose. Your body shape will change so you need to learn to be happy with self. As has been discussed here many times stick thin is not always the idea, rather a fit and strong look...so keep moving.

Not sure what is in low carb crackers but if they are wheat or grain based I would ditch them and the cheese to maximize your weight loss.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Thanks for the reply.

I am now quite thin on top, but have been left with little weight loss below the waist, so I look as if I shouldn't lose any more above the waist.

The crackers are rice, and it is only very occasionally so will cut them out.

Thanks

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Consistence is the first thing to strive for. Off and on is not going to cut it.

Remember that our bodies want to be a certain way. Fighting that is going to require enormous effort. Is it worth it? That's up to you.

Primal get you to homeostasis. If you want to go beyond that, the effort increases exponentially.

smartierthanthou is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like you're doing great!

The thing that has help my thighs immensely has been to add some Barre style workout to my routine. I don't replace LHT with it but as a supplemental workout for a specific result, they will slim and tighten you up like no other.

My favorites are from the Bar Method or Core Fusion.

Amazon.com: The Bar Method Dancer's Body Advanced Workout: Burr Leonard: Movies & TV

Amazon.com: Exhale: Core Fusion - Body Sculpt: Fred DeVito, Elisabeth Halfpapp, James Wvinner: Movies & TV

Or, you could try these clips from Youtube, adjusted to your fitness level. They look deceptively simple but are a seriously intense way to work your thighs and glutes.

The Ballet Physique - YouTube
    The Ballet Physique: Awesome Thighs - YouTube
    Exhale Spa's Core Fusion Thighs & Glutes DVD: 10-MINUTE WORKOUT - YouTube
    Exhale Core Fusion Thighs & Glutes - YouTube

To reiterate- I wouldn't replace heavy weights or body weight exercise with barre but I doubled my visible results very quickly doing these types of exercises. I also increased my flexibility and added strength and control to my heavier lifts and bonus - knees stopped creaking. Also, went down a pants size in three weeks with no scale change. Weight training builds the muscle and barre training pulls everything up to where you want it to be, if that makes sense.

Good luck!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Also, storing some fat on the hips/thighs is normal for a healthy woman since those fat stores are important to fertility. The body doesn't want to let go of that fat just because you'd like to be as stick-thin as your sister.

I'm one of those women with solid thighs even at my slimmest, and I've just come to accept that they're part of how my body is built. My mother's family are all tiny women, short and very slim and delicate--I'll never look like that as a taller woman with a more strong build, no matter how much I diet or work out. Sometimes it's helpful to stop trying to compare yourself to your relatives and take a look at what's beautiful about the body you have. A bit of curve isn't a bad thing.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Also, storing some fat on the hips/thighs is normal for a healthy woman since those fat stores are important to fertility. The body doesn't want to let go of that fat just because you'd like to be as stick-thin as your sister.

A bit of curve isn't a bad thing.
    I wish a women would make a sticky to this effect. I would, but I'd just get the usual butt-hurt about a man daring to give an opinion about women's bodies.

Thanks I will try these, it sound like what I'm looking for.

C

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    it will take time .. the tougher areas are that way for a reason, the body wants to hold weight there as others have said ..

however, continue to drop weight and that too will drop ... or change up some excercises to tone some (i realize fat cant be turned to muscle)
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I understand what you are saying here, but I am fat on my hips and thighs and feel much healthier when I am slimmer.

Thanks anyway
    C

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast