Thread: Primal Journal (SuziQ) page

SuziQ is offline Junior Member

Smile Primal Journal (SuziQ)

Shop Now
    Today I start my day with Kale & Eggs. Very easy to make. Two - three handfuls of kale in a cast iron pan with a little olive oil. After a minute or so, add just a little water. After kale softens a bit, pile the kale up around the edges and crack two eggs into the middle. Flip over in 2-3 minutes, and voila! Yummy, primal meal. Kale always helps me to rededicate to eating well. Perhaps it's because it's so nutritious, and it's hard to eat junk after eating something so delicious and good for me!

I've been mostly primal since early November 2011. In the first few weeks, I lost just a bit of weight, and then I gained it back again. Mostly because I have not been counting calories. It's something I'm loathe to do.

Stats:
    Height: 5'7" (maybe 5'6 3/4" but I don't want to admit I might have shrunk just a bit)
    Weight: 148-149
    Highest weight ever, non-pregnant, non-lactating: 151
    Body Fat: According to Tanita scale, 33.5%
    Body Frame: Borderline small-medium
    Bone Density: More dense than average (according to bone density studies)
    Exercise level: Mid-range active
    Preferred exercise: Spin class (for sprints), Walking & Bicycling (for slow movement), Pilates (for strength - have to be careful due to propensity to injuries).

Goals:
    Weight: 135-140
    Body Fat: Mid 20's (I've never been below 30% as an adult far as I know, and I've been measured several times over the years!)
    Strength: Training for a sprint Triathlon (mostly for fun; triathlons are quite good for me because it's hard to get injured as long as I rotate my sports)! I also want to be able to do a pull-up and full body push-up.

This past weekend I sprinted on Friday at the 6am spin class (I'm not usually that hardcore, but I woke up early that day, possible due to the German Chocolate Cake I had the night before - I know, I know!). Both Saturday & Sunday I took a 30-40 minutes walk and kept my heart rate in the 55-75% zone.

Today I will meditate & walk. Perhaps a few full body push-ups on my stairs (the easy way, with my head much higher than my feet, not the hard way!)

Grok on!

SuziQ is offline Junior Member
    For the past few days, I've been doing very well in terms of what I'm eating: mostly veggies with protein such as grilled chicken breast, eggs, salmon - all stuff that I love.

My diet coke intake has dropped drastically over the past 4 weeks. I've gone from 1-2 20oz bottle a day to 1-2 20oz bottles per week!

I've been chewing lots of gum - Extra Dessert Delights Mint Chocolate Chip. It has the sugar alcohol in it. I get bloated from it. I think it's just a phase. I'm going to have to stop doing that.

I had my sprint exercise this morning - spin class for 40 minutes with high & low intensities. I think my heart rate was always above where it was supposed to be, but as I only do this once a week, I don't believe it qualifies as chronic cardio.

I've been walking & doing Pilates on other days. I also did some strength training the other day - squats and overhead presses.

No change in terms of weight (148.8). My skin looks great (the food works for me!) I am not craving sweets - other than the gum - which pleases me to no end!