Thread: How much fat do you eat on Leptin Reset? How does this sound to you? page

NataliaJade is offline Junior Member

How much fat do you eat on Leptin Reset? How does this sound to you?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I didn't find what I was looking for after searching the forum.
    I am starting the Leptin Reset tomorow after several failed attempts and was wondering how much fat am I suppose to be eating here?
    I am ok with 2 meals a day.. With breakfast I will have 50grams protein with 5 tablespoons of fat, then dinner will be less protein, about 20grams and about 3 tablespoons of fat and lots of low carb veggies.
    I have trouble fitting much else in after the BAB so don't get many veggies at all in that meal, if any. That's why I eat more of them in the PM~ I'm still well under 25g carbs/day.
    Does this sound like an acceptable Leptin Reset approach to you?
    I'm 20 yr old, female, 178cm/5'9, 57kg... have never been able to weigh more than 60kg..my whole family is thin so I'm not concerned about weight.

I'm ok eating this way, but haven't been successful in sticking to it because binge eating (on carbs) is a stress coping mechanism that I'm having trouble breaking! I did stick it out for a week and noticed at the end I wasn't so hungry in the AM anymore, and I was able to eat less (I think my stomach shrunk a tonne, but I was still able to eat ample fat & protein, just not much fibre).

Insights welcome
    Natalia
    GAPS diet for 2 years/Low Oxalate for 6 months. iherb code- GEC562

"The farther your researches advance, the greater you will realize the simplicity of all creation."- Dr. Edward Bach

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I'm a binger too! I am also on the Leptin Reset. I eat on average 100-125grams of fat in the form of OO, ghee, CO, CM and HWC, added to food or my coffee. The most important thing in addition to fat is to make sure you are getting enough protein. I am 5'10" and need a minimum of 130 grams of protein to support my lean body mass. Getting enough fat and protein along with working on the psychological reasons we binge are probably the most important factors. I eat three meals a day and add vegetables to lunch and dinner.

I personally have found that I need to use supplements to fix some body imbalances, but I have been fat all of my life and am 44 yrs old, so our circumstances are different. My top supps...D3, iodine, magnesium, & omega 3.

I hope all that helped.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

NataliaJade is offline Junior Member
    130 grams of protein?! Sheesh that's double what I have!! I can't imagine eating that much, I don't think I physically could! Do you think I need to eat more?
    My digestion is really bad so that's why I don't want to have vegetables in the morning as well. I just end up feeling bloated, sluggish etc and I can't have a productive day.. I do have fermented vegetable juice and beet kvass though.
    I am taking fat supplements too- fish oils, cod liver oil & high vitamin butter oil so that would add to my fat intake but I'm getting about 115 grams of fat a day. I also take calcium (don't do dairy or many high calc-veg and also as part of the low oxalate diet), magnesium, zinc and molybdenum (the last one to help with salycilate sensitivity). Tried taking iodine but was up all night :/
    GAPS diet for 2 years/Low Oxalate for 6 months. iherb code- GEC562

"The farther your researches advance, the greater you will realize the simplicity of all creation."- Dr. Edward Bach

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    You should eat the protein level that feels good to you. FYI, I get 50 grams of that protein from whey and I lift heavy in the gym.

I take my iodine 1st thing in the AM. It shouldn't be taken after 2pm due to the sleeplessness issue.

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Find Grizz's link to the shortcuts to Leptin Reset basics. For LR you need to do the three meals, with 50+ g of protein and fat in the AM. Kruse's website has all the details too in his Leptin Rx post.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I eat an average of 1800-220 kcals daily. 65-70% of those are from fats.