Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primal Journal - Englishman In Oz Goal: skinny to muscle in a Primal way page 3

Englishman in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Weigh-in today.....151lb! Heaviest I've ever been, put on 7lb in 3 months. Well happy with that, nearly half way to the target of 15lb.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    You look great. Have you thought about posture? Shoulders back.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    You look great. Have you thought about posture? Shoulders back.
    Thanks! Yeah, my posture's been pretty poor for years. I think it's improving with the weight training but I'm still not sure I understand 100% exactly how to stand. I'm working on it! Shoulders back noted.

4-month progress report time....

Not updated the journal for ages, mostly because I've had nothing new to add. I've just been plodding away with the same approach since the start and am pretty happy with the results.

Feeling really good at the moment. Have kept to a steady 80/20 on the eating and have been exercising pretty consistently with LHT and low-level cardio. Could probably do more sprinting if I'm honest, neglected that element a little.

I'm currently at my heaviest ever weight of 152lb, up 8lb since starting out, so I'm really happy about that. Most of it seems to be muscle too, with a little bit of extra body fat. I'm not worried, gonna keep focussing on adding muscle before I start to cut back to lose fat. I'm happy with where I'm going.

The hardest part for me is eating enough to grow on a daily basis. Primal foods are so filling that I'm stuffed on 1500-1800 calories a day. trying to get to 3000 is a massive struggle which I fail with most days, even if I polish off a full bar of Green & Blacks 85% in a day. Which I do regularly. Not ideal, but we all have vices!

More stats and measurements to come, but here are the pictures (before on left, after on right). 4 months of eating and working out Primally. Reckon I could've done better with a bit more discipline, but I'm happy that I've made progress without it feeling like an ordeal, or that I'm missing out on anything food-wise. I'm in this for the long haul anyway...

Apologies for the monkey faces! I'll be removing my own face from all of my images before the end of May due to a new job I'll be starting, teaching children in Japan. Probably not appropriate for the kids to find topless photos of sensei on the internet!

Please feel free to comment on my progress if you drop by my journal. Ta.

Rob1.jpgRob2.jpgRob3.jpgRob4.jpg

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Nice progress...my bf is in the same boat. He's 6'4" and wants to gain weight too but he's finding it difficult. His main problem is that he's not doing any fitness program right now, when he could be downstairs pumping some iron on the bench!

How tall are you? I skimmed over the 3 pages here but I didn't see it anywhere...

Thanks UM.

I'm 5'9". Just a shade shorter than your bf! It's pretty hard putting on muscle for a naturally skinny guy, but yeah, you gotta work out hard. And eat. A lot. And then eat some more. I'm not at all strong yet but I'm getting stronger. It's encouraging to see some progress, which I'm hoping will gather pace as the weights go up in number. I'm sure you bf will love weight training once he gets into it, it's pretty addictive!

Congrats on your own progress (I had a look at your blog), you're leaning out really impressively.

froggie is offline Member
    Great progress, the profile shots show good core in progress, keep at it!!

Adopted the Primal lifestyle on: August 9 2012.
    My sporadic journal entries are here.

Results to date: I've lost (gained?) one belt hole!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123