Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: House of Thin page 4

kcarol is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    If I really had to choose an ideal ideal ideal, I would choose something a bit softer. Hmmm....

Last edited by kcarol; 11-14-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Raphaella is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcarol View Post
    (I do like the last photo! But my boobs aren't as big ):
    Neither as hers! She has implants.

I wouldn't mind being overweight if I could choose where the fat would go! If it just kept going to my butt, breasts and hips I'd be happy as a clam! Take Kim Kardashian; even when she is on the 'heavier' side(for her) she still looks fine because it's mostly her breasts, butt and hips that bigger.... Me however, the area UNDER my ass gets huge and so does my stomach and back. So when I'm 'curvy' it's not sexy lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Raphaella View Post
    Neither as hers! She has implants.

I wouldn't mind being overweight if I could choose where the fat would go! If it just kept going to my butt, breasts and hips I'd be happy as a clam! Take Kim Kardashian; even when she is on the 'heavier' side(for her) she still looks fine because it's mostly her breasts, butt and hips that bigger.... Me however, the area UNDER my ass gets huge and so does my stomach and back. So when I'm 'curvy' it's not sexy lol!
    I totally get what you mean! If my curves proportioned and sat well, that'd be all dandy. I don't carry the weight well though I'd be better off with a smaller frame.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Losing too much muscle the last few years really tanked my look big time....... that eat less and move more thing, totally bad news. But also my own fault because I should never have continued dieting.

Day 15

Picture 2.jpg

Seeing my calorie count, I remember reading the Friday success story about the CrossFit gym owner who ate upward of 2400-3200 calories a day. She looked fairly tiny, about 5'1"? I'll double check her height.

How did that woman manage to eat 3200 paleo calories? Sure I have my high days, but my high days are 2400 calories, and I'm 5'10".

I can't wait to see the 170's on the scale. I'm so close.
    Last edited by kcarol; 03-10-2012 at 01:38 PM.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Well HELLO there. I was a little off-put by your journal title and then intrigued, so I read through and I love your writing style. I'm sensitive to the terms "thin" and "skinny" simply because they've been thrown at me my whole life and one gets tired of being accused of having an eating disorder. I just want to BE healthy, and if it shows, so much the better!

A thought on not-quite-boyfriend wanting to share non-primal: If you're being honest with yourself, how often do you give in and/or indulge in front of him? If you "cheat" regularly when you're around him, he might not think you adhere strictly to your diet and offers to share. My boyfriend stopped "letting" me cheat and offering cheats after I did a Whole30. I've had one cookie out of desperation (read: depression) and one sip of soda since then and don't feel bad about either.

On your last post, it sounds more like confidence is going to help you in some of those areas. I'm pretty sure you could wear whatever you wanted right now and still be admired, it's just that you're not comfortable doing it. Hell, I'm not comfortable in practically anything and according to most people I could "pull it off". Sometimes you fake it till you make it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

namelesswonder -

I'd imagine most people are going to be put off by the title. The good part is that I don't care, and anyone who clicks on my log will probably catch my sarcasm. I grew up around ballet dancers and enjoy the irony, paying homage to my peers who used to line each other up sideways in a mirror, comparing stomach size. Needless to say I never partook in that activity.

I'm sorry to see hear you've been accused of having an eating disorder. Oppositely, I've been thrown terms like "fatty" and "chubby" all my life... I remember the time my best friend once called me a fat loser. I was around 12. That hurt. And the times the boys would yell "fatso" as I walked down the sidewalk home from school. I could barely hold the tears back that day... but one guy who titled his log "One fat guy's journey," however, doesn't bother me much. I don't find it self-deprecating, just a good dose of irony everyone's looking for. The words fat and thin and skinny and chubby are what you make of them. Being light-hearted about it and joking every now and then makes our reality of our past a little more tolerable. Let everyone else feel the burden of its connotations, and let yourself breathe easy. Hope my explanation made sense.

And HELLO nameless wonder. I've seen you around. Like your posts
    Last edited by kcarol; 03-10-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Day 16

Running the food through fitday -

Picture 1.jpg

It seems that I average 1800-1900 on a good day. Should I lower this?
    Last edited by kcarol; 05-06-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Hehe don't feel bad! I never have any idea of how much of anything I eat, except for meat, because I eyeball 1lb per freezer bag when I put it away, and 1 bag is dinner for two people. It certainly helps with grocery estimations on the weekend But yeah, I never have any idea how much anything is unless I can measure it first, I just didn't grow up with any kind of even eye-balling estimations. Grilled cheese does not require measurements, only proper heat and butter application.

PrimalCon New York
    And there was always the question of whether the butter goes on the pan, the bread, or both. I think I put the butter on the pan right before the bread. My dad was an expert at this. I realized yesterday after 8 months primal I haven't once thought of my old favorite food, grilled cheese, and I still don't miss it. I practically grew up eating grilled cheese sandwiches!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast