Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: House of Thin page 11

kcarol is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    What's up MDA.

Let's start the new year right. Get shredded!

Will post update pics in the coming months and how I've been modifying my workouts/diet.

Posting updates:

- Dairy free except ghee.
    - Protein source primarily from beef. I have stopped eating pork/bacon (makes me feel sluggish, don't know why!)
    - Doing less frequent carb-ups (every 3rd or 4th day). <30g/day on ULC days.
    - I've had cheats during carb-ups, but I want to try much much cleaner carb-ups.
    - BP fasting until minimum 1 pm, latest 2-3 pm.
    - Re-implementing MCT oil.
    - Bed tanning for vit. D and healthier skin.
    - Some moderate calorie counting in between refeeds. ~0.5-1 g protein and 0.5-1 g fat per lb goal weight to roughly get 1000 - 1900 cals. So far I haven't been at the low end.
    - I HAVE fish oil, but frequently consuming it? Need to get on that...
    - Working out and implementing low-impact cardio again (walking yay!) & HIIT/sprint endurance.

I thought I'd revive this thread. I still do come around the boards and check things out, but haven't been updating in my journal.

The good news is that the gym I still frequent, and I still try to eat the right foods. But I backslid and I'll explain why.

Just to give a rundown:

-still doing bulletproof coffee w/ local grassfed butter, sometimes subbed MCT oil or mixing both.
    -occassionally drink iced starbucks coffee with heavy cream, varying on how liberal I get with that cream.
    -still doing my protein burgers, and recently getting into sushi. I eat lots of chicken, no pork. So essentially my diet is beef, chicken and fish/seafood. Sometimes lamb.

One thing that slowed down my entire effort tremendously has been hurting my back. I feel like an old woman and I've been trying to give my back the rest that it needs, and lately it's actually been feeling better, however, progress stopped.

I have been lazy, partly because success is slim and this kind of stuff wears on you. I find it difficult to stay motivated to do my absolute best when my success generally averages to a 1-2 lb loss per month, and my sacrifice is me trying hard every single day. That's hard. The sacrifice/reward is not a fun game. Eating and feeling good is easy, but specifically trying to lean out is a mental game, and losing 2 lbs a month, while I can dance to that for a few months, by month 4, you start waking up wondering how much longer you have..
    Last edited by kcarol; 05-16-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011