Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: House of Thin page 10

kcarol is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    UPDATE 7/27 I think last time I updated, I was about 178 lbs. Then I fell off the wagon for a little bit. Last week: 176 lbs. With the cheating, this is no surprise.

EDIT: I've also been weightlifting. Not sure how that is affecting the scale.
    Last edited by kcarol; 11-14-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Another update 10/28. My posts have been slim to none but that really doesn't matter. What matters is if I've been on plan or not.

176 seemed to be a major hault in weight loss. In fact, all through the 170's has been the slowest weight loss.

Last time I stepped on the scale: 174. That was about a month ago.

I've been going to the gym (I got a membership!) and have been weightlifting pretty regularly. I had a 2-3 week period of very bad eating and have been on and off in terms of serious dieting the past month or so, but the past week I've been getting back into it.

I've noticed my arms are bigger, my legs are bigger, I can jump higher, etc. I have more muscle and that's alright with me for now. The scale has been moving extremely slow and I continue to wonder if this is the cause.

I've been messing around with different protocols and trying to hone in on one that makes me feel the best. This includes Leangains 16/8, Kiefer's CBL, Pilon's Eat Stop Eat, PSMF, and any range of nutrient input and exercise output timing/punctuation.

I haven't found one that I particularly like because I have a hard time planning. Some days I like a coffee in the morning. Other days I like a breakfast. Yes, some mornings I'm damn hungry! Restricting calories is also a bitch.

And it's all a bitch because when I find myself forcing a workout at a certain time or forcing to eat within a certain window, I'm sluggish and unmotivated. I just can't predict when I'll feel good enough for the gym or when a fast is going to suit my day. On the flipside, if fasting and certain exercise windows only followed when I felt "good enough" to do them, would that suggest I'm submitting to my homeostasis?

Because if I force my body to go into these paths of resistance, versus obeying my internal signals, it would logically lead to change. So, should I stick out my trial and error?

CrisN99 is offline Junior Member
    I'm glad to see this update! No advice on the trial and error though I always think going with what feels good is the best way to go.
    Cris

Start: 221
    CW: 215
    Goal: 150
    5'3 , 31 years old.

^^Hey, thank you! I love getting replies lol. I feel like my log hasn't been inviting because most updates are straight to the point. I try to keep the fluff out.

UPDATE 11/9

I'm posting another update because I think I answered all my own question (10/28 update) through trial and error. I'll keep experimenting with the protocol I'm doing now and see if it continues bringing the success it has.

As I mentioned on 10/28, last time I stepped on the scale: 174. 174 AT BEST, not a comfortable 174 (ladies you know what I mean). Then I had a lot of bad eating. I stepped on the scale last week to face the music. To my surprise: 173! It gave me a lot of motivation, so I've been eating well, and so: yesterday 172, and today 171.

Most likely, a combination of water loss, modest calorie restriction, maintaining activity while still eating bad, and the delayed fat burning effect--which I think is a very real phenomenon.

Still, I somehow wake up feeling fatter than at my starting weight.

Maybe it's just concentrating so hard on my ultimate goal, that every time I look in the mirror I feel dissatisfied. It doesn't help the motivation, but I know I'm making progress. I just have to remind myself of my progress.
    Last edited by kcarol; 11-27-2012 at 09:16 AM.

11/27 - 168.5. And my monthly arrived.

I tracked my fitday WAY back in the day to look at the old weights I used to plug in. The lowest I have recorded is 168.5.

Out of curiosity I looked at the weights in past year's doctors checkups. In 2008 and 2009, I was between 174-178, with clothes on.

Right now I've widdled my way back to one of my lowest weights, although I know I weighed 165 during one summer in high school, although that didn't last. It seems I've been yo-yoing around 165-180 for a very, very long time. This will be the last time.

My real goal right now is to weigh 160. Based on what I remember and what I have written down, that will be the lowest I've weighed since elementary school.

I weighed probably 190 in Junior High, probably even more. Back when I was younger, my mom used to take me to the pediatrician and they would talk to me about my weight. They asked me how much I wanted weigh and what my goal was. I said 150 lbs.

So goal 1 is 160, goal 2 (which will be the most satisfying goal ever) is 150. If I could even see 159 on the scale I would die!
    Last edited by kcarol; 11-27-2012 at 09:12 AM.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Woot! Sounds like you are doing well. I remember reading your journal when you first joined and being kind of worried about how you were doing, but you sound good
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

^^Thanks. I'm doing alright lol. Being lighter and stronger is a very relieving feeling. I just hope my goals are reached sooner rather than later and I can relax a little, if you know what I mean.

167.5 lbs today, 12/12. That's 1 lb in 2 weeks. I never complain of progress but, is a pound a week such a lofty target? Some women even lose 2 lbs a week. If I had had that progress in the beginning of all this, I would be at my goal by now. I really would like to start aiming for 1-2 lbs every week. I know some women want to lose even 3 lbs a week, but that's a very lofty target.

And it seems the weight loss comes with or without exercise. Heck, my best weight loss always comes from extremely clean eating and typically little exercise.

But the absolute best progress always happens when I eliminate all dairy except butter.
    Last edited by kcarol; 12-12-2012 at 01:01 PM.

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Good to see you again. As you get closer to your goal, the amount of weight loss seems to get smaller and harder!

Are you keeping up the lifting?
    --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by mommymd View Post
    Good to see you again. As you get closer to your goal, the amount of weight loss seems to get smaller and harder!

Are you keeping up the lifting?
    Yes it's a pain the scale moves so slow!

Lifting absolutely.I generally have these lifts in the gym:

HIIT or sprint endurance

Military press supersetted with push press.
    Pullups
    Dips
    TRX Pullups

Pushups (chest to floor)
    "Bench Machine" (really targets chest, used as alternative to barbell bench press), moderate volume
    Cable flies OR dumbbell flies supersetted w/ dumbbell chest press

Dumbbell Pullovers
    Situps
    Hip thrusts

Deadlifts
    Leg adductor/abductor machines, moderate volume
    Standing Calf Raise, moderate volume

Nice to hear from you too!
    Last edited by kcarol; 01-07-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast