Thread: an experimental,hodge podge,skillet grnd venison recipie-kinda long post page

mosin46 is offline Senior Member

an experimental,hodge podge,skillet grnd venison recipie-kinda long post

Primal Fuel
    12" flat non stick skillet. stir fried coarse diced onions (red) in peanut oil-yes not PC,but what i had. did them to "med well". added coarse diced green bell pepper. done to "med". dropped in about 1lb ground venison (no fat added at processor) and about 1 tblsp of indian masala packaged seasoning. throughly browned meat. added in some leftover yellow (white,saffron) rice. got it heated up. added 2 sliced up tomatoes on top,covered and simmered for about 10 min. figured the tomatoes would yield some moisture,which they did. really came out well. will experiment. use pre-prepped wild rice even sliced,pre baked sweet potatoes,squash? any bell or onion should work. other seasoning combos as well. will try a more PC oil-sunflower or hemp (expensive!). oil should be high temp tolerant IMHO. all i have is a lot of low fat venison and some goat,but,higher fat might work as well. cooking times/temp might need adjustment. adding red wine with tomatoes is a thought,if one allows it. mushrooms are a must try. cooked bacon? any ideas or input for other "stuff"? like to hear it.

Alaska Ang is offline Senior Member
    Sounds good. I love any stir fry. Last night was ground moose, asparagus, baby bok choy and onions with lots of garlic and a bit of salt. Finished off the leftovers today on top of a salad with a lemon vinaigrette.

I think any ground meat is great to stir fry with because it incorporates whatever spices and flavors you are cooking with.

Another favorite is chicken thighs, mushrooms, and onions.

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Good work! This is something I'd call a "Paleo Scramble" - it's not quite a stir-fry, more a case of dropping in the right ingredients at the right time.

I had a nice back to basics evening a short while ago: living in the ice age: Paleo, Just Paleo!