Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: This Time It Will Stick...A 40=something woman tries Primal page 9

olehcat is offline Senior Member

Well, no loss this week, and even if today were not Thanksgiving and I ate perfect today, I somehow doubt tomorrow would be under 142.8.

But it's Thanksgiving.

This is just a note to say that also I need to stop coming here every day because I'm wasting a lot of time on weight loss sites lately, and I need to tone it down. I think I'm going to start just doing updates on Saturdays. I mean, I'm going to keep track of my weight on paper, and then I'll give a weekly daily update if that makes any sense!

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it!

Yep, that was the damage after the Thanksgiving holiday. To be fair I made some effort on Friday and Saturday to tone things down, despite being around a lot of family and friends, my big triggers for overeating and eating things I shouldn't, but Sunday, I don't know why, but I just let loose and you would think I was never going to be allowed to eat again.

Guys, I'm struggling a lot with the whole meat thing. I am really a vegetarian at heart, in that I want to like meat but I really do not like meat that much (this has been the case since I was a kid!) and some of it actually makes me gag a little (like beef). Like I'll make a beef chili and think it tastes really good and then later the memory of it will make me feel sick and gaggy and I don't want it. And chicken breast just grosses me out again. I like bacon, but I feel nauseated by the smell in my kitchen afterwards. So I don't have this problem with seafood and have no problem eating that. I don't want to be this way because the primal lifestyle is so appealing to me. I know some would say, so just eat seafood! Anyway, I am sort of modifying like that. I am having salmon for breakfast, in fact! But I really want to like the other stuff.

So today is another day!

SLowly eeking down. I am trying to stick to primarily primal (haha), but have not been flawless since Thanksgiving. I have been really doing a lot better at paying attention to what I'm eating. No mindless eating allowed. I record everything. I ran 4 miles today.

I really need to refocus again. I desire to eat pure primal/paleo and I just haven't been able to get back into it since Thanksgiving. I would say that most of what I eat is naturally primal (lots of vegetables, some fruits, some meats) but I had also been eating some legumes and sugar at times. I have not been eating bread or pasta, so that's a plus. But i need to clean it up.

I have been wretchedly sick since Sunday, so that's another challenge. I honestly have NO desire to eat healthy vegetables, etc. when I'm sick. I just want to eat bland, comforty carby food. The only reason my weight has gone down this week is because I just haven't been eating that much...:-p

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to say that I'm extremely impressed, and very inspired. As another "40 something" woman, it's encouraging to see your success over the months. I hope you feel better soon.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Pescetarian primal is a great option. Maybe you'll never like beef and chicken. No biggie, when there's all that great seafood out there!

I have found having a couple of very high fat days ( a la the Atkins Fat Fast- 1000calories, 90% fat, 10% protein) makes it easy to lose the sugar/carb cravings quickly and be positively eager to get back to meat/fish and veg.

141.4 today!!! I feel like it must be a mistake or a glitch, but maybe I just had a random whoosh last night. I also know I haven't been exercising this week since I've been so sick and my appetite has been off. So maybe it's just temporary, but it's so encouraging to at least see a lower number like that, even if it's temporary!

@Sabine - thank you for your input! I do love seafood, so I am going to see how I can focus on that. I love salmon and tuna and shrimp, so yes, that could be more do-able. I think I like chicken occasionally but it's really hard for me to like beef.

@Jackiekessler - awww...Thank you so much! You made me feel really good and encouraged with your comment.

141.4 again today on Friday, official weigh day. So this means I've lost almost exactly 10 pounds since October 22, when I weighed in at 151.2!

Had an awful cough attack in the middle of the night, which disrupted my sleep.

Am feeling behind and rushed in the morning, which makes it harder to gather a healthy lunch for the day.

I want to start intermittent fasting soon again, but haven't gotten the impetus going yet. Maybe this weekend.

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the loss!!

Diogenes is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by olehcat View Post
    141.4 again today on Friday, official weigh day. So this means I've lost almost exactly 10 pounds since October 22, when I weighed in at 151.2!
    Way to go, olehcat! It looks like somebody is going to be opening 139 for Christmas.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast