Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: This Time It Will Stick...A 40=something woman tries Primal page 7

olehcat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    145.8 today, it's a miracle, haha.

Yesterday I done relatively well. Finally. I handled a social situation without that self-sabotage need. Part of it was fate. There were no deserts and no homemade bread so no temptation there. The food was healthy and whole, albeit not primal (lentil soup). Except for some chips that went with the salsa and homemade hummus. I actually brought a mini vegetable tray to share although nobody else was interested in it. So I mostly indulged my urge to munch and dip (ha, I'm a sucker for dips), by eating raw vegetables. Psychologically this works just as well for me, so this is a good strategy to use from now on at social gatherings. Bring my own veggie tray and salsa or indulge in mostly (80 percent?) the veggies if there already is one.

Today should go well. I'm somewhat worried about the evening. It's parent-teacher conferences at my school and it will be a LONG day. That is, I'll pretty much go non-stop until 8 p.m. or even a little later. The PTA usual provides dinner and we can grab it in between conferences, but I have NO idea what kind of food it will be. Sometimes it's awesome and wholesome and healthy with healthy choices, and other times it has been horrible, like with processed treats and nothing at all healthy. So I am bringing some extra food with me just in case there are no healthy choices.

Also I've not had as much wine this week. Mostly this is due not so much to will power but to schedule (too much going on this week), but I'm still proud that really I only had one glass of wine on Tuesday evening, that's it. That's WAY better than my 2 glass a day habit that has been usual this year!

145.2!

Yay! I'm actually very pleased. Last week I was 146.8, so it's a week loss of 1.6 pounds. AND a total loss of 6 pounds since that all-time high of 151.2! I'd be very satisfied if it keeps at that rate. Especially because this week was so incredibly "off" for me!

Today is my day to eat a little looser. I'm meeting some friends for dinner tonight at one of my favorite restaurants.

I'm thinking about a fast of some kind on Saturday. Then on Sunday I will eat light but not my usual exacting plan of Monday through THursday.

But this is a miracle. I got through this week! I got through Halloween and several special events (some of which involved food) without gaining weight or going off plan too much.

Yesterday was parent-teacher conferences at my school. The PTA provided chili and there were lots of sweets. I had a small bowl of the chili, some raw veggies with dip, and that's it. I had like ONE bite, literally, of a brownie. I was so proud of myself. I was really hungry by the end of the day, but that's okay. Hunger means weight loss.

I only had wine on Tuesday night this week! I plan to have some tonight.

Not surprising, I'm not upset. I'll take it. Yesterday was my "free" day. I ate whatever I wanted. Not big quantities of anything, but I did not restrict myself. I ended up going out for both lunch and dinner, too. I ate lightly, but still. Sodium, some legumes, grains. I did have a cookie earlier in the day, too. And some dark-chocolate covered pretzels. And wine.

I gotta tell you. It felt great. I mean, what it is, is that it feels REALLY good finally being able to have the will power to eat very clean most days of the week now and then having a day when I just don't have to think about eating clean. This was NOT something I was able to do in the past. In an ideal world, I would eventually banish the free day (and I am going to try to make more and more days between them - probably after the holidays)

Today I am doing sort of a fast. I am fasting until maybe 1 p.m. today. At that time I will eat a hearty soup, some eggs and bacon to a total of around 500 cals. I will then fast the rest of today through tomorrow morning.

My plan for the coming week: eat pretty light and clean on Sunday, on Monday through Thursday eat super clean and light (as per my usual schedule on those days). Friday eat as clean as possible (possibly do like today with about 500 cals mid day and that's it), Saturday have more of a free day (it's my niece's b-day party), Sunday eat light and clean. I'm excited! I think I can do this.

Down a bit from yesterday. I mostly fasted except for lunch. At lunch I had 2 eggs, 3 slices bacon, and a tomato-based soup with chicken and vegetables. Later in the evening I had a half apple. That's it.

Today I plan to eat "normal" but light.

Again, I'm not upset. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised. I ate fried shrimp and barbecue sauce and a lot of wine last night. I was actually surprised that I wasn't way up to 149 again.

I can't seem to get rid of this calf injury in my left calf and it's really bothering me because I'd like to increase the number of days I run and add in the HIIT. I don't think I should while that injury is going on. I think the real only solution is to stop running for awhile again, but Ugh, I don't want to do that now that I feel in shape with my running again and it makes me FEEL slim. I already took a whole month off. I don't want to have to take TWO months off. Forget about it. I guess I'll have to if the injury gets worse, but we'll just play it by ear.

So game plan this week: very strict Monday through Thursday with my usual diet of smoothie in morning, big salad at lunch, and stirfry at night. No carbs outside of veggies and fruit. Running or gym Tuesday and Thursday. Friday still very light eating, but I will have less control over my diet that day, so I will just try to eat as veg-and-protein centric as possible (work is providing lunch for a meeting on Friday and then I am leaving town with other family members after work and they will want to stop somewhere for dinner). Saturday I will let myself loose. Again, not a binge-fest, but I will eat what I want, as it's my niece's b-day party. Sunday, again, I'll be a little looser, but still try to eat light. I should be able to. Will be traveling home that day. I won't be able to weigh myself on Saturday or Sunday. I don't mind not weighing on Sunday so much as the number will be high, but I would REALLY like to weigh myself on Saturday. Am considering being nerdy enough to bring my scale out of town...But then it might not read well on a new surface. Hmm...

Two Mondays ago I was 151.2. Last Monday I was 148.6. So 147 is okay and on a trend downward. I hope to hit 144.something OR even better, 143.something by the end of the week (as I know I'm bloated a few pounds with water weight right now so that's possible after a few days of eating clean and drinking tons of water).

I'm so impatient to get past the 145+ numbers. If I think too hard about it, it's SUPER surreal. Last year at this time, I would have cried if I had known that for even a day I would hit these numbers, much less settle in for months and months over 145! It's just crazy, really. For years I complained about being stuck in the upper 130s. Oh, I would KISS the scale if I was at the 130s anything again, haha. Tomorrow I could break the 145 if I drop enough water weight today. Problem is, my muscles are sore from Sunday AND yesterday I didn't drink enough water (I have a long 12 hour + day on Mondays). I ate on plan and so my weight still went down, but there usually seems to be a bigger drop mid week. We'll see! Last week it happened on Wednesday (2 pounds over night) but this week it might be Thursday or even Friday because my last off plan meal was Sunday night instead of Saturday night (like last weeK).

Gosh, this journal is probably incredibly boring. But that's what these journals are. Self-indulgent recordings about what works and what doesn't, haha. I know what I'm doing is working. I feel better, my pants were looser yesterday, etc. Now if I could just get this running injury to go away completely....

Also I'm invited to some get together on Wednesday evening again, so I would like to see -- if I end up going, will I be able to stay away from everything but the veggie tray? The suspense builds...

I'm down but not far enough for me, eep. And tonight I will be going to a party where I don't know if I'm going to be able to control my intake. But I AM getting better at this because I'm on a role and want to see a lower number. I know I'll make choices at this party.

I think I might rock. Just a little. Again, for the second week in a row, my weight went DOWN after a social event/party. This time I did have a few glasses of wine. I did have some things I normally wouldn't have had (YUMmmmm...homemade bean dip, a few bites of pasta, etc.), but I really made sure to stay away from anything sweet and then I mostly covered my plate with veggies from the veggie tray I had brought. (again, *pats self on back for good party strategy of bringing a veggie tray to share and then eating most of it myself*)

So I broke 145 already and today is another strict day, so we'll see what my Friday weigh-in is. I will be eating pretty light on Friday, but I will not get to weigh in on Saturday unless I take my scale with me, as I'll be out of town this weekend. But I'll be interested in seeing if my weight drops tomorrow. A miracle would be down into the 143.something, but I think I'm pushing things, haha.

Diogenes is offline Member
    Way to go, olehcat! 139 is right around the corner.

Today: 144.8, holding steady, haha.

Well, I did have soup with some sodium in it, although I ate very strict yesterday.

So I just completed about 3 weeks of being VERY strict Monday through Thursday (er...except for two Wednesdays in a row of off plan parties, both of which I didn't do too poorly at), not worrying about things Friday, some fasting on Saturday, light eating but not totally strict on Sunday.

Starting weight: 151.2
    Current weight: 144.8
    Total loss: 6.4

Last week: 145.2
    This week: 144.8
    Loss: .4

So the weekly loss may be slowing down a bit, especially wheN I'm being a little too loosey-goosey on weekends. Tomorrow, alas, will be no exception to that, as it's my niece's b-day party, but I AM bringing my veggie tray and hope I'll mostly fill up on that.

I think starting Monday, I'm going to try to be VERY strict until Thanksgiving. I think I can do this. It will be about 10 days, and it will be HARD for instant-gratification me.

Diaogenes: THANK YOU!!!! I'm feeling pretty good about my success so far...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast