Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Erectile Dysfunction page 2

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post

I have been extremely low carb (<50 grams/day). I'll try adding some apples and bananas.
    Despite the sentiment on these forums, there is really no reason to be extremely low carb if you are eating wholesome, natural food.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Nady is offline Senior Member
    You could be dehydrated~ that would make for low blood volume~ or as they told hubby when he donated blood, when you're a pint low, you won't get it up.

dado Guest
    get a hooker

dado Guest
    erectile dysfunction is in your brain. you fear something.

with a hooker, you fear nothing, because it is a professional transaction, so you go to town; this removes your fear of failure and lets you get your swag back.

it's like a refresher course.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Despite the sentiment on these forums, there is really no reason to be extremely low carb if you are eating wholesome, natural food.
    Absolutely agree. I went very low carb initially - and lost energy, had digestive issues etc. Added back potatoes and white rice and bang! huge improvements all round. Added back some legumes - better again. And I'm now thinking of adding back some buckwheat.

Original poster - VLC caused me occasional ED which went away when carbs were re-introduced.

cantat is offline Senior Member
    I vaguely recall hearing somewhere (sounds pretty solid, right?) that when people smoke marijuana, some of the THC can be retained in fat cells and released later. Perhaps this also happens with other drugs, and you losing so much weight has released some the stored medicine and, when paired with what you're actually taken, resulted in an excess? And therefore greater side effects? IDK, just a thought.

Or, perhaps the change in diet is resulting in your system absorbing more of the medicine?
    29/F
    5'4.5
    Highest weight: 220
    Starting weight: 195
    Current weight: 179
    Goal weight: 127

Rewind is offline Member
    I appreciate all the serious replies and the relatively few silly ones. I won't be giving up on primal after just a week. My 20-year marriage isn't going to suffer horribly from a couple of failed coupling attempts, especially when the overall goal is improved health. Obviously, ED isn't something I want to experience for an extended period of time, but it can be tolerated for a few more weeks of trying to get it sorted out on the primal regimen.

dado Guest
    rewind, you take the hooker idea as a silly one. this is a mistake. i do not make jokes with you, friend.

getting a hooker and really letting it fly, this can overcome the blocks you have in your brain.

you will get your swag back, and no one has to know. you are doing it to save your marriage.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    I appreciate all the serious replies and the relatively few silly ones. I won't be giving up on primal after just a week. My 20-year marriage isn't going to suffer horribly from a couple of failed coupling attempts, especially when the overall goal is improved health. Obviously, ED isn't something I want to experience for an extended period of time, but it can be tolerated for a few more weeks of trying to get it sorted out on the primal regimen.
    Okay, but I want to emphasize that Primal does not equal very-low carb. You can be eating 300 grams of carbohydrate a day and still lose extra fat and be in great shape, as long as none of those carbs come from added white sugar or unfermented grains and legumes (and you are eating a diverse diet rich in available nutrients). Those things, plus excessive PUFAs (more than about 5% of total calories) are what you need to avoid. Sisson himself has written about exceptions to his "carbohydrate curve" and the benefits of fermentation.

Primal is a useful starting point but it is not the final word by a long shot.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

MikeFlyMike is offline Junior Member
    Oddly enough, I have experienced the opposite effects. Drop in weigh, lack of bloat, more normalized hormones (I presume), and I am feeling like I am 20.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast