Thread: IF and PWO nutrition page

Khaydarian is offline Junior Member

IF and PWO nutrition

Hey, giving intermittent fasting a shot because I need a change in diet to get rid of my last 20lbs and I actually eat the majority of my calories at night anyway. I lift and do cardio 4 days a week and just cardio on off days.
    My problem is im forced to lift about 10 or 11am and probably wont get my meal in until about 8:00 pm. I'm going to try just using BCAA's before and after lifting on my WO days and then eat at 8:00 pm and see how it goes, but I'm alittle concerned about not eating for so long after my WO. Has anyone had experience with something like this or just with foregoing a PWO meal until much later in the day?

Thanks, I'd appreciate anyones personal experiences.

i think you'll be better off if you get at least half your calories in PWO.

feren6 is offline Member
    I follow LeanGains IF style (16 hours fasting, 8 hours feeding window) and Martin recommends 10g BCAAs for the hours that you are fasting to preserve muscle atrophy and prevent the breakdown of muscle fibers. Not eating at all until 8pm everyday seems a bit harsh for me, but you'll have to try it and find out.

Personally, if you workout at 11am, drink 10g BCAAs before your workout (fasted) and then an hour after (1pm). At 2pm break the fast with some primal friendly starches (sweet potatoes, yumm) and a lot of protein for your muscles. Then eat your last meal at 8pm to get the rest of your calories in for the day.

Khaydarian is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks guys, going to give it a week or two and see how it goes. Couple days in and so far energy has been fine but I'll have to keep an eye on the scale and mirror.