Thread: Crock Pot Pulled Pork And Apple

Crock Pot Pulled Pork And Apple

Shop Now
    Today I cooked a well seasoned pork loin in the slow cooker until it could be shredded with a fork. Then in a large skillet I sauteed chopped apple, onion, and garlic in bacon fat and butter. After this cooked down for a few minutes I added some apple cider vinegar, a drizzle of honey, and a little more homemade bbq rub and let that reduce. Then in goes the pulled pork, mix it all together, let it cook a few more minutes and then enjoy the rich, tangy and slightly sweet goodness.

Can you give details of how you cooked the pork please?

Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Can you give details of how you cooked the pork please?
    I rubbed the pork with our seasoning the put it in the crock pot on low for about four hours. It was a small piece of loin at maybe 1.5lbs. A larger piece would probably need to cook a little longer. I plan on trying this with a shoulder roast in my smoker soon.

Here are some ingredients for a dry rub that I use for pulled pork:

Tbsp Cumin
    1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
    1 Tbsp Onion Powder
    Tbsp Chili Powder
    Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
    1 Tbsp Sea Salt
    1 Tbsp Black Pepper
    Tbsp Paprika
    cup Coconut Crystals (or raw Sugar)

All good stuff! I like this.

Grab a slice of belly pork (or pork belly if you're from the side of the Atlantic where the English language went wonky in translation ) cook at 125C (250F for translation) for 6 hours, take the meat off, pull it, take the soft fat off and render it, take the skin off and crisp it - snack, cooking fat and meat in one effort.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    All good stuff! I like this.

Grab a slice of belly pork (or pork belly if you're from the side of the Atlantic where the English language went wonky in translation ) cook at 125C (250F for translation) for 6 hours, take the meat off, pull it, take the soft fat off and render it, take the skin off and crisp it - snack, cooking fat and meat in one effort.
    I put a bunch of pork belly over a charcoal grill yesterday...my favorite way to eat it. I completely forgot about it for about 3 hours. Went back and almost all of it had melted into the coals and the rest was completely black and burned. So sad
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html