Thread: Coconut Flour "Muffin in a Minute" a new version without flax- it works! page

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member

Coconut Flour "Muffin in a Minute" a new version without flax- it works!

Primal Fuel
    I was recently introduced to the wonderful "Muffin in a minute" made with a flaxseed mixture that you stir up in a coffee mug and pop into the microwave for one minute. The variations I read made it a pretty versatile creation (to change it up, you add different spices, nuts, fruit etc). Ground flaxseed makes a muffin a lot like a Bran Muffin. I just discovered the conversion to make this treat a lighter flavor using coconut flour. Forgive me if someone has already posted this, but it's a new discovery for me!

Coconut Flour Muffin in a Minute:

1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon sweetener (I use Sucanat, it tastes like brown sugar/molasses)

1 teaspoon softened butter, or coconut oil

1 egg

Stir dry ingredients to fluff and declump, then add butter and egg and stir until blended smoothly. Coconut flour is VERY absorbant. It will really expand!!! You may want to wait half a minute and stir once more to make sure the liquid ingredients have had time to be fully absorbed by the flour. Place mug in microwave and heat for 1 minute. If you add any other ingredients such as berries or bits of banana allow an extra 10-20 seconds.

This makes a fluffy light muffin with a more delicate flavor than the flax version. I really like it. I hope you will, too!

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    That sounds really good! I'll try it tommorow morning after my bacon.
    Thanks very much!!