Thread: caffeine and fat burning... page

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

((is it okay to post links to other blogs? I want to get an okay before I do))

I ran across an article on a blog I frequent that said having some caffeine before a workout can help burn more fat? the author said he takes a 200mg caffeine pill or drinks a few cups of tea when working out on a fasted state.

I've been like 90% caffeine free for a few months, I was told it engages your fight or flight response for no reason and can be detrimental to your health (I assume if it's done in extreme quantities) my father's an avid coffee drinker and I don't notice anything in him to indicate this.

I'm interested in mostly doing it to speed up a fat burning state and I'd probably just do it before workouts, not everyday. Also I'd probably drink tea instead of coffee, any thoughts? I'll post the link if it's cool.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Caffeine induces the release of your catecholamines (adrenaline/noradrenaline) which generally do cause fat to be released as long as they are heading towards the right adrenoreceptors in the right areas.

So does caffeine burn fat? No. It may aid in the release of fat and help you burn fat along with many other factors.

If you want to have caffeine before a workout, I don't see what the problem is. If anything it will help motivate you to get to the gym and workout hard.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com