Thread: Help please! page

polos26 is offline Senior Member

Question Help please!

Shop Now
    Hi!

I have been primal since Nov 2011, my starting weight was 115lbs, Im 5'1" and just turned 34. I lost about 10lbs since then which brought me down to about 104 and change. This was not yet necesarily my ideal composition as I am not happy body fat wise (I don't care too much about the scale but I do use it for reference) I am a very petite person so even though loosing more may sound ridiculuos to some people it really isnt, if you look at me I don't look "starved" LOL .

Anyway my problem is that I got stuck in plateau hell about 2-3 weeks ago. I stopped loosing all together. I have not changed my diet but I have tried IF in order to break the plateau (I'd like to see my abs for once in my life!!) to no avail. First of all, IFing didn't work too well as I would always feel starved, so I never skipped a meal per sei, but I just waited longer, as long as I could, to have it.

I decided to stop "referencing" the scale because I thought maybe I was just psyching myself out too much, this was about a week and a half ago.... I weight myself yesterday and I actually gained 2-3 lbs!! wtf?? not only did the scale tell me but I see it and feel it. My stomach is once again looking a little to 'swollen' and I feel uncomfortable. So I am not sure if I am full of Sh... or what. My fiber intake should be ok, I eat leafy greens (spinach, arugula, chard are regulars) half an avocado a day, I use bacon fat, coconut oil, and ghee or butter to cook, olive oil in salad. Any clues?

I feel like I was doing great and all of a sudden my body has decided against it, I have actually started to feel tired as well as I used to pre-primal.

The only thing that has changed is the fact that I have been experimenting with bread, primal bread of course, but bread... could that be the culprit? I don't think I have gain 3lbs of muscle to account for the weight gain and I definitely feel and look bloated... So any ideas or suggestion on what to tweak would be greatly appreciated.

Alaska Ang is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by polos26 View Post
    The only thing that has changed is the fact that I have been experimenting with bread, primal bread of course, but bread... could that be the culprit?
    This is probably it. You have probably increased the amount of carbs you are intaking with the bread and are retaining water because of it. The only way to know is to cut it back out and see what happens.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    I agree - try cutting your "bread" and see what happens.

In regards to IFing, if you're starving afterwards, you have to be diligent to make sure you don't over-eat when you do break the fast. I could see that being a potential.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I agree - try cutting your "bread" and see what happens.

In regards to IFing, if you're starving afterwards, you have to be diligent to make sure you don't over-eat when you do break the fast. I could see that being a potential.
    Yeah, I think overeating could be an issue as well...I think I still eat the same amount that I did prior to loosing the weight. But I thought I was not to 'stress' about portions? How can I figure out what is my daily caloric need intake and most importantly, how it should be broken down? (percentage of fat/carbs/veggs)

Thank you!

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by polos26 View Post
    Hi!

I have been primal since Nov 2011, my starting weight was 115lbs, Im 5'1" and just turned 34. I lost about 10lbs since then which brought me down to about 104 and change. This was not yet necesarily my ideal composition as I am not happy body fat wise (I don't care too much about the scale but I do use it for reference)
    Seriously??? I'm 5'1" as well and I'm at 130lbs (I have been as low as 119..). I cant even imagine 104. I think I have about 95lb of lean body mass myself. I'm thinking you should work on building some muscle to change your body composition. Try lean gains.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    Seriously??? I'm 5'1" as well and I'm at 130lbs (I have been as low as 119..). I cant even imagine 104. I think I have about 95lb of lean body mass myself. I'm thinking you should work on building some muscle to change your body composition. Try lean gains.
    That is my goal now but, like I said, I'm stuck in a no movement zone and now I'm also bloated! I know its hard to shed the last few percentages of body fat and my little, growing muscles are stuck underneath it!